My NSV

Options
Vkoons3
Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
Yesterday I was having a really bad day and being the emotional eater that I usually am I just wanted to go home and veg on the couch and eat any junk food I have in the house. So as I was on my way home I knew that was a bad idea for me because for once I have stuck with this alot longer than I normally would and have been doing so great so I stopped at one of the outlet stores we have around here for a little retail therapy instead of food therapy and on the clearance rack I found some yoga shorts that were on sale so I bought them because for one they were cheap and two because I love to get new things and wear them so I knew I would want to go home and put them on to work out. When I got home I almost just said forget it but then remembered how far I have come so far and even though I only did 20 min of aerobics I still felt better than I would have if I hadn't done it. I then rewarded myself with some fat free brownies with fat free coolwhip and didnt feel guilty while staying under my calorie goal for the day, but I will have to say the biggest reason I didn't resort to old ways was because of MFP and all the support I get on here and all the success stories I see and if others can do it so can I so I just want to say Thank You to all the people on here who have inspired me!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great story! So motivational. It's that's kind of thinking that will get the results. Before you konw it you will be stopping to get SMALLER clothes because your old one will be too big!!!

Congratulations!
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Nice job! What a great story! Good luck to you:smile:
  • ojmom0407
    ojmom0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear! I have been on many diets and failed. This time I am not basically on a diet, I just track everything on MFP an chose to eat more nutritious foods. The support on here is great and everyone is right there with you.
  • suzukigurl
    suzukigurl Posts: 90
    Options
    Congrats!! I've been in situations similar and have been very bad!! But that's awesome that you went shopping instead of eating, very inspiring!! Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's changing your thinking like that and making choices that support your new lifestyle that make all the difference in the long term. Congratulations! That's a fantastic NSV.
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback makes me feel even better about the choices I made!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!
    I'm so happy to here that Vkoons!!! You've been working so hard - what a wonderful motivational lift!