Don`t know what to do...

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    and the cream cheese is a very light cheese 1/4 of the calories you would find in butter
    Hey Morten:

I, for sure, think you probably need to eat a little bit more, and in particular items with more protein if your kidneys can accommodate the extra work.

But, I also, believe that you are significantly under-estimating what you are currently eating.

So, if you are feeling OK and not losing much more than 1% of your body weight per week, just track for a week with a scale, maybe even some measuring cups for liquids too, while at the same time introducing one or two higher protein lean food items (chicken breasts, fish, lean pork loin, high protein 0% yogurt, etc).

Don't immediately go hog wild into increasing your calories, especially before you get a 1 gram accurate digital scale with "tare" function (which allows you to zero the weight of containers you place on it), and with the ability to see the readings if you have a plate on top of the scale!

I don't have cream cheese here; but I just weighed an absolutely leveled (I passed a straight razor over it) teaspoon of margarine. It was between 4g and 5g (the scale flicked between the two), which means I would normally log it as 4.5g)

So, I cross-referenced : - )

By volume my teaspoon is 5ml. Online calculators for culinary schools say that 5ml of margarine has a 0.92g per ml conversion factor. This means 4.6g

So my 4.5g estimated weight was pretty close; though knowing the 4.6g figure I would probably use it.

You cannot spread 1g of cream cheese!

Now, if you really ARE only eating 1g of cream cheese, you may have to do some research into metabolic adaptation.

It is possible that because of your previous ups and downs your body has adapted. This could also be caused by a current medical condition or medication.

If adaptation has taken place, it is possibly that your body has learned to function at a lower caloric level than what other people of a similar age, body built, and activity level would need to consume in order to function.

This would allow you to save money on food since you would have to eat much less than most calculators assume in order to lose weight!

On the negative side, it would also make it easier to gain weight and you may have to look into reverse dieting in order to reverse the adaptation.

But until you're confident you're tracking correctly we remain in an information vacuum!

Action plan!
    (read the stickies about how to weight your food and log accurately); Get a scale, measuring spoons/cups, Log as accurately as you can, eat some more protein, keep on walking! :smile:
  • MortenJrgensen
    Options
    beemerphile1: I have no idea how they count calories, I just registered what I walked in the pace i walked it and the time spent on walking.. I think it sounds waay to high myself.. And tried to spread the minutes the way I actually walked them. Like when I walk back from the gym and store in my daily routine, I walk in a fast pace in a 3k uphill road. I use brisk pace becouse it is right, I do use about 45 minutes home which is 4-5 kilometers from the city.

And when I get home I do a another climb up another hill, with my dog who needs his exercise. We walk about 2-4 hours a day..

I don`t got a job, I don`t got a car and I live far away from the store and walking and running is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. And I do love it.. But you have to ask someone else how they got to the numbers they got :smile:
  • MortenJrgensen
    Options
    beemerphile1: Don`t know if that helps.. It`s the only data I got, but how they got the to the numbers I really don`t know
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I don't know if I want you in my Pacer Group!
    You are more than double anyone else.
    By the way I am setup as Very Active in MFP.
    My last 7 days are 112000
  • MortenJrgensen
    Options
    Yes I would like that! :smile: I live alone and everything I do I do alone.. I got my dog and my self and it can be a bit boring
  • MortenJrgensen
    Options
    oh sorry miss read :smile: it`s 7am over here..
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You're in the group now! Great chance to make us all cry when we wake up.