B-Vitamins

Options
I've recently begun taking a selection of B-Vitamins. I take 3 of the B-12 that dissolve under your tongue and 2 B-Complex (12, 6 and some other things). It was suggested that they would help to increase my energy levels and help with the weight loss. By the end of the day I'm completely worn out... working full time and chasing a very active toddler contributes to this feeling of weariness!

At any rate, does anyone have any experience with B-Vitamins? Did they aid your weight loss goals? Give you more energy to exercise? Do anything beneficial? Or do you think the hype around them is just marketing rubbish?

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just started taking B vitamins about a week ago and while I don't notice a huge burst of new energy, I do notice that I don't totally crash at the end of the day like I used to. I'd get to 5pm and could literally pass out and now I find myself able to tackle evening chores and be productive until it's time for bed.

In terms of weight loss, I can't comment much on that since I just started taking the vitamins, but I haven't noticed any adverse effects yet as I'm still losing at the same rate. Definitely curious to see what other say!
  • formygood2011
    formygood2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I struggled with extreme tiredness after my first child, thinking it was thyroid issues...I had blood work done and I was extremely B-12 deficient. I have to get a shot of B-12 every month to keep my levels high enough. The sub-lingual (under the tongue) aren't absorbed by my body enough. Might be work a visit to the Dr. for a blood work panel just to check everything out!
  • katrina1122
    katrina1122 Posts: 23
    Options
    Have your dr run a blood test to see if you are B defficient. I'd been taking otc B vitamins with no result. blood test showed I was really low so the dr gave me a shot of B-12, it was like day and night. It's been 8 months and I'm still testing in the normal range with no more B than what's in a daily vitamin and what I eat.
  • dougswife
    dougswife Posts: 10
    Options
    As for me when I took them I was the same way, a quick boost of energy and then tired, The only reason you may loose weight is fluid and working harder and faster. I am now taking multi vitamin with b vitamins in them.
  • evaplts
    evaplts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All my life I know vitamin B to help the body withstand demands of stress, but never as a weight loss help. They help to convert food you eat to energy, but I do not think it helps to melt your body fat. I suggest, do more research on the Internet.