motivation

Options
Getting the courage to log my food in everyday is the hard part. I hate to see what I really ate and how many calories are left.

Replies

• roxanea
    roxanea Posts: 59
    Options
    You can do it. It is not as hard as you think and by logging everything it helps you to really see that the items you are eating were not really the most healthiest choices. Do not beat yourself up if what you are eating is not the best, just remember that the next day is a new day and you are going to try and make better choices.

Add me as a friend to help keep you motivated and encouraged.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When i log i realize i am still a human being and i don't really hate myself for those moments i get weak and get things that may be considered 'fat' or 'bad' we're human at the end of the day. The key is to continue to push despite small set backs. Keep going!
  • jmatsko19
    jmatsko19 Posts: 10
    Options
    face your fears, once you know how much you take in you can begin to address it
  • jmatsko19
    jmatsko19 Posts: 10
    Options
    no one eats perfectly everyday but if you try and get back on track right away after slips you will be fine
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would create a trial day. Take some of the foods that you normally eat and put them on the food tracker.... see what your calorie intake would have been. Then take things out and adjust them and use it as a guide for the next day. Its hard to guage how many calories to eat and when but if you start out with what you already do and adjust it, you will be more likely to stick with it.
    Hope this helps!
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Just think of it as information, not a punishment. So what if you went over? Now you know why and now you know how to avoid it in the future. Every day is an opportunity ; )
  • ImBabyBunny
    ImBabyBunny Posts: 75
    Options
    I know. I felt that way too in the beginning.

You ever hear the saying ''abs are made in the kitchen.'' ???

Well they pretty much are. Your diet is extremely important, you don't need to jump right into it and be to a Tee strict all of a sudden. Baby steps are the best.

Just start to get an idea of how much u eat a day by keeping track. Once you realize what your body likes and don't like. Weight-lose will get a bit easier.

I know it can take some bravery. Everyone has to start somewhere, so congratulations on you desire to achieve! I admire that your pushing yourself and asking for help! Take Care!