Day 5 adhering to MFP and today im starving!

Options
So far I've been loving MFP! It's really helped me gain awareness of what I eat and what's in the foods I'm eating. Although I just started last weekend I can already tell a difference. After a long work week, I now find myself sitting here wanting to binge eat some pizza or fast food burger and fries! I know if I do I'll feel guilty but I can't help it! I'm not overweight (I'm about 6 foot 2 and 220 lbs) but I'm setting a target for under 200 lbs. What are some suggestions for a filling meal? I have about 1100 calories left to consume for the day but not much fat or sugar. I don't want to fall off the wagon!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What?? If you have 1100 calories left, there's no reason to starve. 1100 calories would be two wholesome dinners for me. Have some pizza and/or fries, but don't binge.
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As long as u stay within your goal you should be good!!
  • drewmast3r
    drewmast3r Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah actually it's like 1200! I have not worked out this past week but track my calories burned from all the walking I do at work which on average is 2.5-4 miles a day. I guess I'm getting caught up by worrying about my fat, carb, and sugar intakes!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry or are you bored?

In general, think about ways to add more:
    -fiber
    -protein
    -non-starchy vegetables
    -fluids (eat soup; drink, drink drink!)
  • drewmast3r
    Options

-fiber
    -protein
    -non-starchy vegetables

I think boredom is a big culprit right now that isn't helping.

• catcamx3
    catcamx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I was doing great and all of a sudden I felt like I was starving. But I just went out and got one serving of cashews.

I used to snack on almonds and cashews all the time but have gotten away from that. I'm going to try to remember to snack when I'm getting hungry so I don't end up starving, but make wiser choices about snacks.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I had that problem in week 2 for a cpl days. I just ate at maintnence and went right back to deficit. Ever since I haven't had that problem.
  • drewmast3r
    Options
    I had that problem in week 2 for a cpl days. I just ate at maintnence and went right back to deficit. Ever since I haven't had that problem.

"Are at maintenance" Can you clarify?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    drewmast3r wrote: »

-fiber
    -protein
    -non-starchy vegetables

I think boredom is a big culprit right now that isn't helping.

I take a dance class on Friday nights. Extra exercise and no thought of food!

Do a project, take a drive, learn a new hobby, go out...there are a million possibilities!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options

"Are at maintenance" Can you clarify?
    No I am in a deficit now but, I did maintenance those 2 days. I also have a cheat day once a week but, not everyone can do that or wants to.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You're over-estimating your burned calories by a factor of 2.
  • drewmast3r
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    You're over-estimating your burned calories by a factor of 2.

I kind of thought that. So basically cut that in half correct?
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    If you do have a lot of calories to spare maybe try and add in some extra protein which is filling. Such as smoothies, nuts, yoghurt, eggs. Also drinking extra water and maybe going for a walk. I tend to often go over in sugar but it's natural sugar from fruit and veg so I don't worry about it.

also it's ok to eat things like pizza, just try and fit it into your plan. Part of this is making sure the changes you make you can continue with for life.

You'll do great
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You've got room for a cheeseburger and fries.
  • drewmast3r
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm very determined and I think my level of awareness is already helping. I'm by no means obese or overweight I'm just trying to lose some belly fat and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm going with a thin crust veggie pizza from dominos tonight. After 5 days of sticking to my MFP plan I think I've earned it! Plus I'm going hiking tomorrow so if I go over I think I'll more than make up for it. Have a great weekend and thanks for all the info!
  • jheath2015
    jheath2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm very determined and I think my level of awareness is already helping. I'm by no means obese or overweight I'm just trying to lose some belly fat and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I'm going with a thin crust veggie pizza from dominos tonight. After 5 days of sticking to my MFP plan I think I've earned it! Plus I'm going hiking tomorrow so if I go over I think I'll more than make up for it. Have a great weekend and thanks for all the info!

Good choice.

The thing i found that helps, is eatting 1 whole egg, and 3 egg whites( hard boiled is the way i like them), lunch and dinner i do grilled chicken breasts, or grilled turkey burgers; 8oz, 2 cups of green veggies, a serving of brown rice, i put a serving of shredded colby jack cheese, and a serving of mild chunky salsa on top, and i havent craved anything between meals. But i have a snack in between, so i eat every 3 hours, mostly low cal, low carb stuff, but ill grab a banana and drink an 8oz protien shake. And this has kept me full and energized from day one.

I am the one who would stop every other hour to grab a 44oz mnt dew at the quicky mart, and i was definitely addicted. But since i started monday, i have not had any soda (coke/pop) and havent missed it. I also try to drink roughly 13-15 8oz glasses of water a day. And i must say it has helped a ton. I am also one that you would say is obese, and ive been doing this meal routine for 5 days and have lost 10 lbs. With going to the gym and doing heavy cardio, and strength training.

If you get bored, cook your meals for the next day, take a warm shower, or start a project. It will become easier to not think about the craving of fastfood, and etc.

But find things you like to eat and go with it. Best of luck

Justin
  • drewmast3r
    Options
    jheath2015 wrote: »

Good choice.

The thing i found that helps, is eatting 1 whole egg, and 3 egg whites( hard boiled is the way i like them), lunch and dinner i do grilled chicken breasts, or grilled turkey burgers; 8oz, 2 cups of green veggies, a serving of brown rice, i put a serving of shredded colby jack cheese, and a serving of mild chunky salsa on top, and i havent craved anything between meals. But i have a snack in between, so i eat every 3 hours, mostly low cal, low carb stuff, but ill grab a banana and drink an 8oz protien shake. And this has kept me full and energized from day one.

I am the one who would stop every other hour to grab a 44oz mnt dew at the quicky mart, and i was definitely addicted. But since i started monday, i have not had any soda (coke/pop) and havent missed it. I also try to drink roughly 13-15 8oz glasses of water a day. And i must say it has helped a ton. I am also one that you would say is obese, and ive been doing this meal routine for 5 days and have lost 10 lbs. With going to the gym and doing heavy cardio, and strength training.

If you get bored, cook your meals for the next day, take a warm shower, or start a project. It will become easier to not think about the craving of fastfood, and etc.

Justin

Thanks! That's good advice! I ended up eating 4 eggs (I was in need of proteins and calories today!) cooked in a half serving of smart butter and 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread dry. I also had some raw baby carrots for a snack. I've stuck to my plan since last Sunday so at the last minute I talked myself out of fast food. I haven't been to the gym in probably 2 weeks but up till then I'd go 4 to 5 days a week and I would do 45 minutes of high impact cardio and swim a quarter to half mile. I began that workout routing in Feb of 2014 and lost 40 lbs by the following June. I was taking a supplement called Synedrex also. I cut out soda in Dec of 2013 and haven't had a single one since! My main thing now is I just want to get below 200lbs. I'm not big but I just knew that at my age I had to be more aware. Eating fast food more then once or twice a week isn't good and that's what I was doing. Anyways good luck to you!
  • Jilly83075
    Options
    What?? If you have 1100 calories left, there's no reason to starve. 1100 calories would be two wholesome dinners for me. Have some pizza and/or fries, but don't binge.

• Jilly83075
    Options
    Better to balance-- if having 1 slice (maybe less cheese)pizza, eat a salad to fill you up. I had problem today with too much fat and too much protein. Or eat some carrots or have an apple about 1 hr before going out. You wont arrive famished. I (we) need to adapt meals, otherwise I was under 1200 cals for day. Days knowing more protein at night, should have more fiber/carb breakfast. Did better yesterday when I pre-planned what I would eat that day.
  • Jilly83075
    Options
    jheath2015 wrote: »

Good choice.

Justin

Thanks! That's good advice! I ended up eating 4 eggs (I was in need of proteins and calories today!) cooked in a half serving of smart butter and 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread dry. I also had some raw baby carrots for a snack. I've stuck to my plan since last Sunday so at the last minute I talked myself out of fast food. I haven't been to the gym in probably 2 weeks but up till then I'd go 4 to 5 days a week and I would do 45 minutes of high impact cardio and swim a quarter to half mile. I began that workout routing in Feb of 2014 and lost 40 lbs by the following June. I was taking a supplement called Synedrex also. I cut out soda in Dec of 2013 and haven't had a single one since! My main thing now is I just want to get below 200lbs. I'm not big but I just knew that at my age I had to be more aware. Eating fast food more then once or twice a week isn't good and that's what I was doing. Anyways good luck to you!