THE TALL LADY STRUG

Options
I was going through success stories and there are many 5'2 women so happy theyve lost 20 pounds, with drastic results, and as it happens, as of today I've lost 20 pounds too. Its disheartening to see these crazy drastic changes on people, when I've lost 20 and my measurements are almost exactly the same. So i dont have a before and after, but I lost 20 pounds as of today, with 67ish to go.
all the tall ladies who know the strug add me:)
HT: 6'2
SW:262.8 (3/14/15)
CW:242.4 (4/17/15)
GW1:236
GW2:210
GW3:184
UGW:175(ish)

Replies

• vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 6-1, so I know the feeling. The good thing is that if you put on weight, it's not as noticeable as it is for someone much shorter. I weigh 30 pounds more than I did in College and I only wear one pants size larger than I did then.

I'm more curious how you lost 20 pounds in a month?! I hover around 200. I started in August at 208 or so and got down about 10 pounds and it was really hard to do. What were some of your strategies?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. I'm only 5'7", but I carry my weight all over.
    <---this is what 181 pounds looks like on my frame. Taken today.
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", I hit the 40 lb mark yesterday and am still fitting into the same jeans..........I did have to buy a new pair of dress pants for work because my favorite pair became very droopy, but my skinny jeans still fit fine. Maybe its because they are made with so much stretch in them now? I just wanna be out of these size 18's.........
  • ClaudiaMessenger
    ClaudiaMessenger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this too, I'm either 5ft 8 or 9 and it is so disheartening working so hard to lose weight and feeling like there's hardly any difference. Over the last couple of years I've lost around 50lbs which is great but I've only gone down 2 to 3 dress sizes. It feels like I've been stuck in a UK size 14 (US size 10) pair of jeans for too long and I'm desperate to get down to UK size 10 by the end of this year!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have been up to 193 before. I think I wore a 14 from 193 to about 170 so I know what you mean. But crazy things happen when you get to a lower weight. Your pants sizes change very quickly. I went from 167 to 149 recently. At 167 I was in 12's. At 149 I'm in 6's. 4's in some jeans.

So there is hope! Keep at it. Trust me, it's SO worth it!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and 153 today. For me at 160 +/- 8 pounds doesn't look terribly different but then I hit a tipping point and everything seems to shift in one direction or the other. It'll be slow but as kristen6350 says, worth it.
  • Headtothemountains
    Headtothemountains Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and currently sitting at 194, I haven't seen the scale move in 3 weeks which is slightly disheartening, but I've been slacking on exercise as well, so it's my fault. I've lost 25 pounds but have yet to move down at pant size, and I expect by the time I hit my goal weight (55 below my starting) I'll only have moved down 1 or at max 2 sizes. How many calories are you eating?
  • sballgirl23
    sballgirl23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not to get off topic (I'm 5'9"), but did you really lose 20 pounds in a month?
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

I'm 5'11 and have been up to 193 before. I think I wore a 14 from 193 to about 170 so I know what you mean.

Same for me. I'm also 5'11". I actually couldn't understand what happened when I could no longer fit into 14s because no matter what my weight was (from 165-200 lbs) I was always a 14. I remember being dumbfounded in the fitting room trying on 16s, thinking, well this is weird. Overall weightloss isn't noticeable on me with the exception of two places: my face and my arms, but I'll take what I can get!
  • touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    vinerie wrote: »
    I'm 6-1, so I know the feeling. The good thing is that if you put on weight, it's not as noticeable as it is for someone much shorter. I weigh 30 pounds more than I did in College and I only wear one pants size larger than I did then.

I'm more curious how you lost 20 pounds in a month?! I hover around 200. I started in August at 208 or so and got down about 10 pounds and it was really hard to do. What were some of your strategies?

I went from a terrible diet like 2600 cal a day with no exercise, to doing strength training four times a week and cardio for two and a half hours a week, on top of a 1200 calorie diet. I actually took almost two week break in the middle, to attend a funeral out of state, where i gained ten pounds back, but in this week ive lost the weight i've regained, plus ten pounds extra:)

Oh and i did low carb too:p
  • touchtoshart
    Options
    I am 5'7", I hit the 40 lb mark yesterday and am still fitting into the same jeans..........I did have to buy a new pair of dress pants for work because my favorite pair became very droopy, but my skinny jeans still fit fine. Maybe its because they are made with so much stretch in them now? I just wanna be out of these size 18's.........

Ohmygoodness i know the feeling!!! i hope when i reach the 40 mark i can at least size down once, but Im quite doubtful
  • touchtoshart
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and have been up to 193 before. I think I wore a 14 from 193 to about 170 so I know what you mean. But crazy things happen when you get to a lower weight. Your pants sizes change very quickly. I went from 167 to 149 recently. At 167 I was in 12's. At 149 I'm in 6's. 4's in some jeans.

Oh wow, thank you, that gives me so much hope:))) <3
  • touchtoshart
    Options
    Not to get off topic (I'm 5'9"), but did you really lose 20 pounds in a month?

yepp:)
  • ClaudiaMessenger
    ClaudiaMessenger Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thank you this message makes me feel more motivated (which I didn't think was possible because I am deadset on losing this damn weight!) 140 - 145lbs is my goal weight, I'm at 163lbs at the moment so I feel it's attainable :)
  • ktmeyer28
    ktmeyer28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tall girls!!! Add me!
    5'11''
    Sw 203
    Gw 165

Mother of 2 sassy girls looking to be a stronger, sexier momma!
  • carmelamadeleine
    carmelamadeleine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! 5'9.5" Asian here. =D i was called Yao Ming, Shaq, Andre d Giant growing up. Someone even mistook me for a man ( from behind).
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'10'' peruvian, my country is a short people country so the nicknames were never ending
    And I feel your struggle! Noone noticed my (former) 25-30lbs drop! while a friend lost like 5-10 and she look so different you couldn't even tell it was the same person!
  • touchtoshart
    Options
    Hi Ladies! 5'9.5" Asian here. =D i was called Yao Ming, Shaq, Andre d Giant growing up. Someone even mistook me for a man ( from behind).

Yasss my nickname in high school was yao ming
  • PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok great! It's not just me!! I'll keep going :) 165 down to 157 and counting
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have weighed between 143 and 250. On my way back down again now but I know what you mean. I'm 28lbs down and you wouldn't know. This was my experience with weight and sizes (all UK):

240-250+: 18
    200-240: 16
    170-200: 14
    160-170: 12
    150-160: 10
    Sub 150: 8
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!