40 and finally done with being over-weight! :)

Options
Was turned onto this site by my sister - excited to see if it'll work for me
I need to lose 52lbs to be at my goal weight.
I've done weight watchers in the past (lost 70lbs), but since having my daughter (4 years ago...) I haven't been able to get my health back on track.

Anxious to meet like minded folks who want / need the same motivation and support!

Replies

• leeeknight
    Options
    I have had this app for awhile and just didn't stay motivated to use it. It is very helpful if you use it everyday. I am in the same situation as you with kids it seems harder to do what I need to do to loose the weight I want. If I can help in any way just let me know.
  • lithely5000
    Options
    I'm 40 too and am hoping to make some progress. This app seems to have a lot of pre-filled data so it's usually easy enough to look things up. I've found in the past that not having o do too much data entry is the key to tracking regularly, and the simple fact of tracking can make you more aware of what you're eating. But I fell off the bandwagon and now I'm going to try again.

Good luck! Nice to meet you.
  • primster01
    primster01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! 40 year old here! I need motivation and support as well. Feel free to add me!
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi today is my first day with MFP. I have been with Tesco ediets for some time now but they are closing on 24th April.
    MFP seems to mirror Tesco and is easy to use.
    I have a personal trainer and now I need to tackle my diet. I have already lost 2 stone but still need to shed around 3 stones.
    I am 67 and have 3 daughters 45, 44, 33 and a step daughter aged 31.
    Good luck and I look forward to hearing how things are going.
  • stevemattmom
    stevemattmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 45 - need to re-commit. Feel free to add me.
  • acooke1274
    acooke1274 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4 days down, had a pretty good week. Managed to get 170mins (just under 3hrs) of cardio (walking) in this week, which I'm super proud of cause I have a cold :)

Food also pretty good this week with the exception of one slip on Wednesday (hubby home late, ordered Swiss Chalet).

Busy weekend planned, will be out at High Park with the family, which should add another couple of hours of walking into my bucket!

Anxious to see what the scale says on Monday!