Sweet Tooth??

Options
LH2011
LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
I have a really sweet tooth its my biggest downfall and I was wondering what do people suggest eating when you get a craving for chocolate or espically a biscuit with a cup of tea. My problem is not being able to stop so for example would not be able to have half a bar of chocolate or have just 1 biscuit I always go back and finish the bar and get 5 or 6 biscuits??

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way so the only solution I have is to avoid those foods at all costs lol. I know I'm not strong enough and so I don't even give myself the chance :)
  • rofcarl
    rofcarl Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the same problem, so only buy chocolate or biscuits when I'm in company so I am 'forced' to share or feel self-conscious about "pigging out".
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have a HUGE sweet tooth (especially chocolate). When I get a bad craving I grab a pack of the 100 calorie chocolate-covered pretzels. They have various things in the 100-calorie packs. They are simple b/c it's really just a small portion of something I love.

Also, sometimes I look for low calorie popsicles. They are a tad high in sugar but if you watch sugar the rest of the day, they aren't so bad and you can crave your sweet tooth.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    There are times when i get a sweet tooth as well. I usually have sugar free jello in the fridge. For me it's still sweet enough to curb my sweet tooth
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate is good for you. When I get a craving for chocolate I get coco powdered almonds. Almonds are very good for you and the coco dust they're lightly covered in cures my sweet tooth.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have found that by eating a small portion ( I buy snack size candy bars, small portion sizes of my sweet tooth wants) I don't want a large candy bar and if I do eat too much of a sweet thing, I feel sick afterwards now from adjusting my body down to the small size. In the apst, when I avhe "dieted" and not allowed myself the treats, I binged and the diet was over. I realize that sweets are going to be a part of my life. I'm 41 and ahve yet to outgrow Nerds candy, Spree, Sweet tarts, chocolate, Kids cereal even! Since I am looking to change my life style, I need to incorporate these foods into it. It has worked in the past for me and will work again. It works for me, it may not nwork for others.
  • KnittingKnadine
    Options
    The 100 calorie packs are a great suggestion. I find that if I have things portioned out already I can talk myself out opening another pack. This works even for non-low calorie things. I.E. I'll buy the package of mini hershey bars. I don't feel guilty eating one, but if I go back to grab another I'll start feeling guilty for opening up another one. I do the same thing with potato chips. I could sit and eat a whole big bag. But I'll only sit and eat one of the little snack bags. So pre portion out. Whether you do it yourself or buy it like that.
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way so the only solution I have is to avoid those foods at all costs lol. I know I'm not strong enough and so I don't even give myself the chance :)

agreed to the fullest...i avoid it unless i'm prepared to binge...and suffer the consequences.
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of skinny cow ice cream bars. They have a Strawberry smoothie bar thats awesome and only 60 calories. I also go for jello or pudding snacks. Something like that that's single serving so you aren't tempted to go back for the rest of the candy bar that you opened! When all else fails, try a stick of gum!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I always used to think it was necessary to have something sweet after each meal. Once I started eating healthier, those cravings have gotten a lot better. But, I still have dessert every night. My DH and I love skinny cow anything. We have something from that line every night. If we are out and about, we stop in to Chick Fil A for a kids cone for only 110 calories. In order for me to get past the cravings and reach my goal weight was to get over myself and realize that all those sweet that taste so good are what got me where I was. I did not want those things to always rule my life. So, I just stopped. I do not have junk food in the house normally anyway because I do not allow my 2.5 year old to eat junk. So, by me wanting him to have a better life, I also gave myself one.

Also, try strawberries with the canned fat free cream. AMAZING and my new favorite snack!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ugh, i feel the same exact way. i can't have 'just one.' i think the best thing to do is just wean yourself off of it. it sounds ridiculous and impossible right? you just have to stop. i did it cold turkey. just do not allow yourself to buy any chocolate or sweets. and when they're offered to you, don't take any. after a few weeks it won't be as overwhelming a desire to eat any, much less the whole box of cookies. you can do it! just stay strong!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Also, try strawberries with the canned fat free cream. AMAZING and my new favorite snack!

That sounds great I live in Co Wexford in Ireland and we are just coming into strawberry season when there will be vendors selling strawberries at the side of the road all over the place so will try this one for sure and also going to look out for some 100 calories snack packs on the next shop thanks everyone
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGH fan of Skinny Cow. They take care of my need for "ice cream" treats. Most of their items are under 150 calories and pretty good size. Im not much of a candy person, so I can't help on that one. I also like Quaker mini carmel rice cakes. They are sweet enough(for me) and not many calories. Also Philly Swirl has good frozen items. I bought a box of fudge pops. They are good and only 57 calories each.

Everything in Moderation!! :)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]5649341.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I love sugar. But check out a report by Robert H. Lustig, called Sugar, the bitter truth. It's on YouTube and it talks about how sugar is making people fatter then they would naturally be if they just ate more and where lazy. Very interesting and something to think about when your about to eat more sugar.

Also it sounds like the only way you can stop the cravings is not to have the food around in the first place. Find alternatives and if you do treat yourself buy a small candy bar with fewer calories so if you eat it all it won't hurt you to bad.