Suddenly small on top compared to bottom?

Options
In my last 5 pounds I've regained my waist (*kitten* YEAH!) but I now look tiny on top compared to bottom half of my body. I've lost weight there as well, quite a deal off my hips and decently off my thighs and rear. I've got another 20ish pounds to go till goal, and was wondering if maybe some kind of weightlifting or something could help even me out a bit? I find myself hiding in my sweatshirts so that I look kinda balanced at least.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a pear shape (which I also discovered after about 40-50 pounds lost). Since you can't spot reduce, embrace your new figure!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As Mali said, you can't spot reduce and it will come as you lose. Yes weightlifting is great, as it helps maintain muscle mass while you're losing. Stop hiding and enjoy your figure. WTG on your loss!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Fat usually leaves our bottoms hips and thighs last.... Keep it up, you will lose it eventually
  • ericaelainefields
    ericaelainefields Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fat usually leaves our bottoms hips and thighs last.... Keep it up, you will lose it eventually

I second that! Most people's weight loss starts in the face and works down, so hand in there and keep going :)

I was watching myself workout in class the other day and my arms are startingto get cut but have still have big ole thunder thighs :/
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm apple rather than pear shaped and I lost weight from the top down too. I think most women are destined to need new bras before they need new jeans, regardless of build.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aw! I kind of miss my 34, 29, 44 measurements. I like pears!

Anyway, if you still have weight to lose it's possible things will even out again. Weight lifting is awesome because you can hold on to more muscle mass as you lose.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aw! I kind of miss my 34, 29, 44 measurements. I like pears!

Anyway, if you still have weight to lose it's possible things will even out again. Weight lifting is awesome because you can hold on to more muscle mass as you lose.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I still have another 20-25 pounds to go before I hit maintenance, so hopefully ill even out.