I'm new! 31 & ready to have my 21 yr old body back!

Options
I have reached my breaking point. Looking back through photos of the past 10 years, I can see now the progression from 120'ish pounds to my current weight/size (I think I'm 155-158, I don't own a scale). I used to be very active - dance, running stadiums with friends, yoga/pilates several times a week at the studio, beach volleyball, etc.

I have terrible posture, so when I sit down and slump over I have a very noticeable fat roll. A lot of the more recent photos, I can tell that I was trying to cover it up by crossing my arms and I just look pitiful. Plus I don't feel "cute" or like I look like "me" anymore.

I have done some things right in the past few years. I stopped drinking sodas over a year ago, no caffeine of any type (except from dark chocolate), I never smoked. I think I just need some help pulling myself off the floor and others who are going through the same thing to go through this journey with.

I went to a pilates class yesterday and walked 2 miles. It felt awesome! I think tomorrow I will buy a scale so I can have a quantitative way to gauge my progress.

Replies

• twitbffl
    twitbffl Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm newerish! lol! I also have let the past 10-15 years creep up on me. I know exactly how you feel. I keep picking myself up and going at it with my calorie intake. I've kinda been slacking on the gym part, though. Too many excuses to mention! Just good to remember that I'm not alone doing this! Good luck on your journey and hopefully we'll both find our way back to the us we knew!
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    Best of luck to you on this journey! I am a new member as well, and it seems like this is a very helpful site. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • s_nes
    s_nes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also new and appear to be in a similar state. I hate going to the gym so I'm going to try doing fitness videos at home. It's only been a few days, but I already feel like I have a better chance of sucess if I can do it in my living room. Best of luck!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I just started a few days ago hoping it will kick start me into serious weightloss. I'm 37 years old and 163LBS. I miss the days when one salad would result in losing weight. After 30 it's a different story!

I went to a Zumba fundraiser a while ago and found it to be a lot of fun while making me sweat a lot too. After that I went to www.zumba.com to find a class near me. I finally found a teacher who can kick my *kitten* into shape.

In addition to weighing myself I also measure myself (chest, waist, hips, thighs and calves) because sometimes when you exercise you are building muscle which weighs more.

I can't wait to be a size 8 again!

Good Luck!
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm going to the library tomorrow too, hopefully I can find an ab-workout dvd and maybe some good music on CD that I can rip to mp3 for my player on the walk to the gym.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    Okay, I haven't bought a scale yet but I stepped on the Wii Fit (that said I hadn't visited in 632 days!) last night, it said 161. This morning it said 158. So I'm going with 161 since I've been working out for a few days, it's probably a more realistic weight that I started with.

Loving all the inspiration here!