Pork Chops

Options
ewegner
ewegner Posts: 48 Member
Hey MFP friends! I bought a couple pork chops (bone-in) and honestly, since I started this journey a few months ago, haven't made pork chops as a healthy version and I'm stuck! Does anyone have a healthy/semi-easy recipe for pork chops. My husband is picky, so I try to just use lower fat ingredients when I cook for the both of us. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks everyone! :wink:

Liz

Replies

• falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you can always grill or bake them...
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I cook em on the grill...served with low sugar apple sauce...nothing fancey :smile:
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I marinade them in Italian dressing then grill them.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    We always do them on the grill...Sometimes my husband rubs them with some garlic and pepper...This is probably the healthiest way to prepare them...We serve them with a veggie stir fry in olive oil and a baked potato...
  • pearlandmom
    Options
    I found this blog in these message boards...http://www.skinnytaste.com...awesome recipes and most of them are already in the database on MFP! Most of the recipes I have tried have been absolutely delicious! Kids even love them! She has recipes for a lot of different types of foods...you should check it out!
  • flemingpat
    flemingpat Posts: 1
    Options
    I like My pork chops like this
    Trim all the fat,grill lightly,put in casserole dish with a tin of tomatoes,onion,
    and mushrooms,cover with foil and bake in oven to finish. Lovely served with
    Spring Greens,julienne carrots and broccolli.
    Enjoy!!!!!! luv Pat xx::flowerforyou:
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The recipe I have..and LOVE is to put onion soup mix (by lipton) over the top (don't use the whole pkg) and wrap up in foil and bake for an hr in the oven!! Or, my husband doesn't like that (and I'm not sure what the cal count would be since I haven't made them since starting my weight loss) so I just put some seasoning salt, garlic, onion powder..that is really good also..and if you put cayenne (or red pepper) on it..it'll help speed up your metabolism! ;) Enjoy!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I coat em with herbs: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, sea salt, and rubbed sage. Sautee in canola oil in my cast iron. Good flavor, no added carbs, and healthy fats. :)

Serve with roasted veggies like broc, asparagus, mashed root veggies, baked sweet potato.

Healthy American classic!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Creole seasoning and grill!Yum:)

Now tomorrow nights dinner!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I just throw em on the grill. Rub them down with a little olive oil, black pepper, garlic and cumin finish it off with a squirt of fresh lime juice.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I cook em on the grill...served with low sugar apple sauce...nothing fancey :smile:

Haha, I remember eating this as a kid at my grandma's (Fond memory)
    Pork Chops & Applesauce reminds me of the Brady Bunch, LOL!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle some Mrs. Dash on them to cut down the sodium and grill them. My sweety bought me a panini grill for Christmas and I cook EVERYTHING but panini's on it. LOL...
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks - no grill for us, unfortunately...but we do have a panini press that I just might take out of the closet tonight! :happy:
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in some KC Steakhouse marinade then grill them
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've defrosted my bone in porkchops tonight, but have yet to figure out what to do with them! I'll be paying attention to this thread. >____>