Long road ahead

Options
lawson14_charlie
lawson14_charlie Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. This is my second day doing this. I need to lose at least 80 pounds. Starting out is hard. They say it only takes 20 something days to break a habit. So let's see if my habit of junk food goes away.

Replies

• kaitiedid3
    kaitiedid3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm where you are now, looking to lose 80 lbs by next April, I haven't slipped up yet this month, just log your food everyday! Even if it's bad, log it and you can see how much it will affect your weightloss journey, I have always been an emotional binge eater, I finally said enough is enough when I stepped on the scaled 17 days ago and was 10lbs away from 300. The first week was so hard and I wanted to badly to eat junk, but I've persevered this far and my cravings are pretty much gone! Eat healthy foods that will fill you up! Like oatmeal, beans, eggs, and lean meats, throw out all junk food in the house, and drink lots and lots and lots of water, don't drink your calories :) its only been 17 days but this is the first time I've tried to lose weight and really felt like I'm going to persevere :)
  • PoeticGem
    PoeticGem Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    110 to lose... Overwhelming to say the least. I'm having to remind myself constantly that I did not get here overnight so don't expect it will magically disappear. I've been at it since March 30th and it is getting easier. I have more energy and am enjoying making a lifestyle change. My skin is looking amazing! I have to fight myself not to weigh myself daily because it can be so discouraging - I am going to limit the scale to once a week. I agree that you should write it all down even when it is bad - stay accountable to yourself. My UP monitor helps so much!
  • Rodri91
    Rodri91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was just over 300 at my heaviest. Last i checked i'm down to 236. Just believe and dig deep to find what you need to encourage yourself to shed those pounds. Add me if you want a weightloss buddy.
  • renageddon
    renageddon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 187, joined MFP at 185, now I'm at 178. It's been 19 days, and quite frankly my eating habits have changed dramatically. I used to binge on liquid calories, and eat the same portions as my boyfriend who is a foot taller and works in manual labor. Only I wasn't doing any labor at all ;)
    Honestly, the first week was fairly easy. It was week two when cravings hit me and I started to feel bitter, and "deprived" of everything I loved. By week three I figured out that I needed to fill up on healthy foods, and once I was full I could have a small portion of not so healthy foods, this made me feel full longer and curbed cravings.
    It also really helps to have a vague game plan of what you will eat each day. There are times where I eat a big breakfast on a whim, and for the rest of the day I'm trying to cut calories in every snack so that I can have a satisfying dinner.
    Best of luck!