Coffee... Good or bad idea?

Options
im still trying to figure out this health eating thing after a lifetime of not giving a *kitten* and the *kitten* to prove it.

Is coffee a bad idea? I limit my cream and sugar.

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Coffee is an excellent idea.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Are u expecting? Because then I wouldnt recommend to much caffine. If its an old picture than go for it. But remember any cream and sugar u add seriously ups the calories
  • jenncornelsen
    Options
    As example a large coffee with just one cream n sugarvis 120 cals for most places
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Measure/weigh whatever you put in it. It's a great idea.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Is there life without coffee? If you're not avoiding caffeine for health reasons, then go for it.
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love coffee - and have it as my regular pre-workout drink.
    Then again, I have it black with no sugar.
    If you're having milk/cream/sugar/etc, just fit it in to your macros.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Drinking coffee? Unless you have medical issues that would be aggravated by caffeine,

goodidea.jpg

Depriving people of coffee?

giphy.gif
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Coffee is ALWAYS a good idea. I use 2 servings ( 4 tablespoons) of yummy flavored creamer and either sugar or splenda. Weight loss is going great so far. ;)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    As example a large coffee with just one cream n sugarvis 120 cals for most places

But How? Granted, I use half and half. One tablespoon = 20 calories. One teaspoon of sugar = 16 calories and I usually use Splenda or sweet n low

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Coffee is ALWAYS a good idea.

X2
  • jwolford90
    jwolford90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a GREAT idea! If i'm not mistaken, a cup of black coffee only has 4 calories per cup. I'm one of the odd ones because I like pure black coffee. I have tried putting 0 calorie sweeteners (stevia and truvia are best in my opinion) to change things up sometimes. You can also add almond milk to coffee and it makes it amazing as well. Almond milk mixed with a little 0 calorie sugar is great. Of course some people are against 0 calorie sugar, but it is okay in moderation from my view :)
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How does it make you feel? What are your cravings and eating habits when you have it? I would always prefer a stop in the coffee shop, but it's tempting not to get that delicious-looking muffin to go with.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

But How? Granted, I use half and half. One tablespoon = 20 calories. One teaspoon of sugar = 16 calories and I usually use Splenda or sweet n low

Most places will use actual cream unless you specify milk or half/half. 1 tbsp is 51 calories. So figure they use 2 tbsp and the sugar and you're right near 120.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee. Don't laugh but my husband mixes the coffee with Teecceno and regular coffee so it is half and half... Not sure why he does this really.. but it is yummy.

No real sugar for me (truvia and sugar free sweetener). My cup of Jo is around 16 calories a morning. I fit this cup of coffee in my calories every day..
  • jenncornelsen
    Options

Im talking restaurant not at home coffee
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Im talking restaurant not at home coffee

Places like Starbucks, maybe? Guess I see what festerw is saying. I add my own lighteners and sweeteners at restaurants, though. A cup of coffee could have any number of calories depending on how you make it

• cahsrcook
    cahsrcook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for coffee. I actually get truvia and skim they are lower cal alternatives and my coffee tastes amazing!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Are you still pregnant or is it an old photo?
    Coffee is a bad idea for me as it makes me poo and cramp! I have one every now and then but just with a dash of milk, no sugar.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Coffee is an excellent idea. I'll be having my 3rd cup of the day in a few minutes.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you like coffee, drink it. It's too bitter for me, so I only get 1-2 mochas a year and work them into my calories.