How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often do you weigh yourself...?

Replies

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Daily. Record it in a spreadsheet with the average for the past 5 days. (5 day rolling average)
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Every week on a Saturday morning before breakfast
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Daily. It keeps me focused and I find the fluctuations interesting. I no longer stress about the daily changes, watching rather for the overall downward trend. I don't get upset if for some reason I can't weigh in.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Every single day and I record it here.
  • Cameronie
    Cameronie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    every 4 hours.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Every 3 weeks
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Every day just for interest sake but I log it once a week, on a Wednesday
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily - and work out a weekly average.
  • astgte
    astgte Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    every morning same time, scales in exactly the same place. I find fluctuations over the week intresting
  • Squig1102
    Squig1102 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am OCD. Every morning. After every bathroom visit (if I'm home), before bed, after I shave, before work, after work..... that scale gets a lot of attention!
  • astgte
    astgte Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Squig1102 wrote: »
    I am OCD. Every morning. After every bathroom visit (if I'm home), before bed, after I shave, before work, after work..... that scale gets a lot of attention!

whow now that is ocd lol :smiley:
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh myself each morning but I think once a week is better for me mentally on such a long journey.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Weight every morning 1 hour after I wake up (and after the morning potty call)..

I do measurements on Sunday mornings (with weight) and record in MFP..
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There's a scale in the kitchen area at work so I weigh daily when I remember at work.
  • cnwhite84
    cnwhite84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think weighing yourself daily or more is unhealthy. I'd recommend weighing yourself once a week at the same time and with the same scales. Remember though that once you get close to goal weight it will be your measurements that are more important. Try not to get stuck in the trap of putting a few pounds on and saying 'oh well it must be muscle' if it was that easy to put muscle on there would be a lot more bodybuilders around!
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Once a week, also take measurements once a week and photos around once a month-6 weeks.
  • Jilly83075
    Options
    I weigh myself entering or exiting the Publix grocery store no matter how many days it has been, (usu there every 2-3 days). This way it's the same scale and I'm out in the open if anyone cares to look (they don't, or are waiting to be next)
  • danicristina2015
    danicristina2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Every 3-4 days in the morning
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Since I am no longer trying to lose weight, I only weigh in about once a month.
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but I don't record it daily because it can be slightly discouraging. Sometimes I go up a pound or two!