Staying motivated..!!

Options
its so hard staying motivated.. I'm such an emotional eater.. My mom died.. Lost a best friend.. New baby to deal with.. And dealing with bipolar.. So much going on.. I haven't logged in weeks.. I'm sure I've gained weight.. All I can do is rearrange my goals and continue my journey onto fitness.. I will go ahead and join a gym asap.. Time to buckle down before my health gets all out of whack!!

Replies

• treyswain3
    treyswain3 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just remember this is a journey. I've been trying to lose weight quick for 5 years now and it wasn't until I realized this is going to be a long process that I finally started taking the correct steps. You'll always have slip up days and maybe even weeks but picture yourself in the body you want and when you look in the mirror see that person and get back on track no matter what. I'm so sorry about your mother and friend I can't even imagine how that feels, but as for the new baby congratulations and remember that if you understand health then your baby will never have to struggle with dealing with their weight because they'll learn from the best. My family has always told me we have bad genes and I'm pretty much destined to be fat but I refuse that and I want to learn how to do this correct so my child doesn't have to struggle their whole life with their weight like me. Stay positive and always keep your goal in sight! You can do this! :)
    Sorry for writing so much!
  • nrmarco
    nrmarco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    treyswain3 wrote: »
    Just remember this is a journey. I've been trying to lose weight quick for 5 years now and it wasn't until I realized this is going to be a long process that I finally started taking the correct steps. You'll always have slip up days and maybe even weeks but picture yourself in the body you want and when you look in the mirror see that person and get back on track no matter what. I'm so sorry about your mother and friend I can't even imagine how that feels, but as for the new baby congratulations and remember that if you understand health then your baby will never have to struggle with dealing with their weight because they'll learn from the best. My family has always told me we have bad genes and I'm pretty much destined to be fat but I refuse that and I want to learn how to do this correct so my child doesn't have to struggle their whole life with their weight like me. Stay positive and always keep your goal in sight! You can do this! :)
    Sorry for writing so much!

• nrmarco
    nrmarco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much !!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have trouble staying motivated too, and that's okay. it's hard to keep a high level of intensity for long periods of time.

staying dedicated and disciplined is a bit different. personally, i like to sign up for races to help me stay focused. when motivation is waning, these can help me to just go out there and get my training in and make sure my nutrition is on point.
  • kmahent
    kmahent Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I find that staying motivated is hard especially when your weight is fluctuating. Some days its going up and some days its going down. I found after calculating weight using 7 day weighted average, it shows your true weight which helps you stay motivated. :)
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It's hard to do this work when you don't feel well because the results aren't immediate. But focus on the long term benefits
  • glow19
    glow19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight is definitely a lifestyle change just remind yourself great permanent changes always take time. So take your time and be gentle with your self. :)