Weight loss after a sternum tattoo? Or weight loss from the sternum? Advice please!

Options
Hey everyone!

Just looking for some advice about what happens to a sternum tattoo (or underboob tattoo, depending on what you call it) if you lose over 50+ lbs.

I've lost 25lbs total, and a family member has offered to take me to get tattooed. But l want to keep going and lose at least 80lbs total. Part of me is saying to hold off and get it when l'm skinnier, the other part is telling me that on the sternum is going to hurt, and l should do it while l've gone a tiny bit of padding there.

Mine will be located at the centre of the bra band, so l'd like to know if anyone had a big change around the sternum after weight loss.

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
    I'd say it has to do with how much fat you carry on your back. I carry almost all my weight on my back and belly, so I'd never tat there, however I'd be less concerned with arms and legs as they are comparatively lean

Sorry , that was no help :/
  • denali26
    denali26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If it was me I would wait until I was at a stable weight.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I had my ribs tattooed a couple of years ago. It thrashes no matter what size you are so just get it done as soon as you want to lol
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would definitely hold off on it if you have that much weight to lose. It's going to change with time but I feel it's asking for trouble when you plan on changing so significantly.

That said, sternum is probably a lot more forgiving than your arms or legs.