MFP App using high CPU

Options
I apparently don't have permission to post this in the Tech support category so I'll post it here.

I reported this months ago and, after many updates, it still is an issue on my Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab Pro. I exit MFP (either by backing out or the Home key) and it still shows as an active app. When I view my active apps, even though I'm doing nothing in MFP, it's utilizing CPU resources - often at a high rate. This causes battery drain.

Any idea when this will be fixed. It makes the app basically unusable to me. I've been going through the website but that's kind of a pain on a smaller screen and also not as nice for various other reasons. Is there any plan to fix this?

Thank you.

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE battery drain, which is super annoying. I use the app very often, but I always kill it as soon as I exit it--This stops it from draining the battery. Until they've fixed it, I find it a viable alternative. :)
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hate the app actually. Think I'm going to uninstall it and just use browser
  • FitnessSally
    FitnessSally Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE battery drain, which is super annoying. I use the app very often, but I always kill it as soon as I exit it--This stops it from draining the battery. Until they've fixed it, I find it a viable alternative. :)

I have done that too but can't figure out why they don't fix it. It didn't used to do this. I've mentioned it to some MFP users I know and they were having problems with battery life but hadn't checked active apps to realize the cause. I suspect there are other less techy users who are also experiencing this. They just think it's a phone or Android issue.

It seems they should have a timeframe for a fix they can share.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I have done that too but can't figure out why they don't fix it. It didn't used to do this. I've mentioned it to some MFP users I know and they were having problems with battery life but hadn't checked active apps to realize the cause. I suspect there are other less techy users who are also experiencing this. They just think it's a phone or Android issue.

It seems they should have a timeframe for a fix they can share.

They should, but unfortunately MFP support staff is notorious for ignoring user complaints and "doing their own thing", so to speak. All we want is a properly functioning app, a cleaned up database, and a clean user interface--But they go and do everything EXCEPT the things that actually need to be worked on, unfortunately. And when you send emails to complain, you get a generic one back that usually has nothing to do with your issue.