Can anyone handle Insanity?

Options
I need a good push to drop my last 12lbs and switch my body to fit for a vacation in July. I WANT to do Insensity. The results and reviews seem like if you stick it out it works. My problem is spending the $$ only to realize I can't handle it. Since there are no partial videos for me to get a good idea of what it looks like I'm scared to try.

I've got the 30 day shred, but honestly can't stand doing the same video over and over. No matter how I try to balance it, by day 10 I'm just bored and halfass. I started doing the Youtube 30day fit challenge. I am two days from done and can fully see how my strength and ability to finish has improved, but no change in my toning. I can admit the fact that they are only 10-20min/workout has something to do with that.

So I need to know that if I am allowed to start out at my own pace and work my way through. Hopefully by the end finishing on track, or should I try a different routine?

Replies

• slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I did insanity a couple of years ago. It is tough if you are not in shape. I modified when needed and took water breaks. The instructor tells you to push yourself and keep going-but also makes a point uk show the occasional person stopping for water. As long as you push yourself you will get results.

It is a solid cardio workout-but it is just cardio. I never stuck to the schedule and did some other workouts to beat the boredom. Again, it was a tough workout and had lots of options-but I still got bored.
  • Brocksterdanza
    Brocksterdanza Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did it with changing my diet and lost over 100 pounds In a bit over a year...
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity 3 times now since getting it 2 years ago. Just go at your own pace, push play everyday. If you need to stop and take a water break, go for it. Even some of the most fit looking ones in the video take a break once or twice. Also, make sure in the beginning that you focus on good form so you don't hurt yourself.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity right now. Just finished week 1. I have knee issues so sometimes I have to modify the work outs but I LOVE it. Its the only workout that I am truly drenched in sweat when I'm done. Plus you do a new workout each day so you aren't likely to get bored. I highly recommend it.

Since you are wary of spending the money, you could see if you buy a used set off of eBay. I think that you can return it if you don't like it though if you get it new through the beach body site. Good luck!!!
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    NicoleMcQuillen Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have insanity but it is HARD! I'm not in shape but I am not out of shape, either. I did the "fit test" and lasted about 15 minutes and was so sore the next day lol..
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Personally I do not and have not ever recommended Insanity (disclaimer I'm a coach) I have had too many clients get hurt on it. If you are a fan of Shaun T then I highly recommend Focus T25 as you will get similar results in a few extra weeks of work...but it is more sustainable and really works your core over.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I would strongly recommend XTFMAX90 by Stephanie Oram, it's much cheaper and 12 rotating workouts designed for women. It is amazing. I lost 18 lbs, and a ton of inches in 90 days...
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about how hard it may be and the price on top of that maybe try Fitnessblender.com they have a bunch of free videos but also sell for a really low price their programs that are 4-8 weeks and its not the same repeat of videos over and over. I love insanity and I like that the instructor really pushes you to give it your all but never past a point of bad form and too high BPM.
  • puraze
    puraze Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the only series I've done where I've really thought I was going to vomit after finishing. I find it to be very intense.

I have done T25 and it's a better option for the less fit, still intense but more manageable. I did find it to be harder on my knees though.

Fitnessblender.com is amazing, so many options for different fitness levels and free. You can choose length, intensity and style of workout.

Currently doing Chalean extreme, Turbofire hybrid which I love!!

Also, beachbody has Beachbody on demand now and you can try for thirty days free. Good option to see if Insanity is right for you.