Looking for similar-stat weight loss buddy!

Options
agartin
agartin Posts: 274 Member
I have been on this journey before. I lost 60 lbs in my last efforts, between my first and second child. I didn't want my pregnancy to erase all my hard work, but of course, I let it. I'm now back at square one and I would love to find someone with similar stats to help hold me accountable.

I'm 5'2" - currently 190lbs. This is just too much weight for a girl my height to be carrying around!

I was incredibly happy at 130lbs. And even though that stupid BMI calculator said I was still overweight for my height, I looked and felt great.

Replies

• TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck. Of you've done it once, you can do it again! But I don't know what calculator you're using if it's saying your BMI is in the overweight range at 130. Unless your 5 foot and under 130 is in a healthy range.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2". The healthy BMI range for our height is 105-135 lbs.
    hi-res-BMI.jpg
  • agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh you're right. Like I said I haven't been at that weight in 3 years, I didn't look at it again. It's very close to "overweight" though. Yikes Right now, I'm obese. :(
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Girl you've got this! I started around 180 at 5'1.5", currently maintaining and fluctuating between 126 and 132. Don't worry about labels too much as long as you're on the right track to being healthy :)
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and pre babies I was 125. Right now I'd be happy with 130. I have lost 30lbs since having my son last year, but I have 10 more to go. Feel free to add me. :)
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling w/ ups n downs for years..this time I'm making a "life style change"! I'm 4'11 3/4" Before kids I was 107 lbs size 3/4. Got preg w/ first child gained up to 169lbs (while preg) lost down to 139lbs after. Then gained, gained, gained. Got preg 2nd child at 192lbs. Gained up to 220 while preg, lost to 185lbs after preg. Gained, gained, gained up to 236lbs. Geez when I was 139lbs I thought I was huge...I only wish I weighed that now. I'm currently 200lbs. My first long goal is 150lbs then I will reevaluate since I would love to be 50lbs less than I am today! Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kjm_723
    kjm_723 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well I'm no where near your size (I'm 5' 10") but I'm in a very similar situation. I lost 80 lbs before getting pregnant, I have 3 months left before baby is born and I've gained more than I was hoping already ☹ so I'll be looking to take it all of again. Feel free to friend me if you don't mind a tall girl
  • Helloiamashleigh
    Helloiamashleigh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any kids, but I too have lost weight then gained it all back. In my case it was because of depression and how the antidepressants affected my eating habits. I have been better for quite a while now, so now I have to get healthy again. Feel free to add me, I would love encouragement on loosing it all again.
  • jazzybee513
    jazzybee513 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No kids yet, but i'm 5'3 and 185 which is pretty close to you. 32 BMI (yikes!) Add me too if you like!! We can do it!!
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at 177 (recently gained a few :( ) Add me if you like!
  • jazzybee513
    jazzybee513 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey QAPmom can I add you too?
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5' 1" and currently 210 with my highest weight ever being 237 so trust me I know what you mean about that being way too much weight for this height. My knees are tired of carrying the extra baggage around so I am working hard to get back to a healthy weight.

Best wishes to you and anyone is welcome to add me.
  • alyci
    alyci Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and 160-165 two years after pregnancy. I am working to get down to 120, my high school weight. So feel free to add me.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm taller (5'6) but also in a similar position. I lost loads of weight after my 2nd baby, all the baby weight then an extra 30lbs or so, and I was so thin and fit, then I gained loads in my third pregnancy despite logging every day and exercising until 38 weeks. Now my baby is nearly 1(May 1st) and I still have 15-20lbs to go, having already lost 30 or so.
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    F
    agartin wrote: »
    I have been on this journey before. I lost 60 lbs in my last efforts, between my first and second child. I didn't want my pregnancy to erase all my hard work, but of course, I let it. I'm now back at square one and I would love to find someone with similar stats to help hold me accountable.

I'm 5'2" - currently 190lbs. This is just too much weight for a girl my height to be carrying around!

I was incredibly happy at 130lbs. And even though that stupid BMI calculator said I was still overweight for my height, I looked and felt great.

• slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 40 lbs to lose.