Any 5'6 ladies here? I would like some motivation/support

Options
ItalianChick90
ItalianChick90 Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
Hello I'm 5'6 and there are two things that are bothering me which I'm looking for motivation from other ladies especially my height who can relate or had success etc.
One- I have a long waist but short legs
Two- I have saddlebags
I'm wondering if #2 is caused by #1. Sadly I'm the shortest one in my family (my own grandmother is 6 foot). And I'm the only one with saddlebags! I've seen my female family members in swim suits. They are taller have long legs and no saddlebags. Ironically a couple are overweight (their gut area). I'm not even overweight. I used to be but now I'm a healthy weight (in the mid 120's) yet I still have saddlebags. Though they are a bit smaller, but I still have them. I don't know if this is just a thing that shorter women suffer with or women with long waists-short legs etc. I need motivation and maybe some other 5'6 ladies to add? :(

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    How old are you? I'm 5'6 and my butt got kind of flat and low as I got older. (I call myself Spongemom SquarePants.) Squats help give it a little lift.
  • ItalianChick90
    ItalianChick90 Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @rockmama72 I'm 24. I've had saddlebags since high school/puberty :neutral: I was overweight in high school and now finally lost the weight but the saddlebags remain except just a bit smaller.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If you’re at a good weight but not 100% happy with how your body looks, I’d recommend you consider doing a strength training program. Adding muscle mass looks amazing - check out the ladies in this thread, for instance: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10131685/any-5x5-success-stories/p1

I’m doing Starting Strength and love it.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    <--- 5'6", Italian, and long torso...added you!
  • CarlaPhp
    CarlaPhp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 with long torso, but no saddlebags. Perhaps it's due to you having been overweight when you were young?