How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• AngelaMartincich
    AngelaMartincich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't. The scale is an obsession that takes the focus away from health and fitness.

For the purpose of this app, I stepped on a scale. I will check again in a few months, just because fit pal requires a track
  • JessiWard1031
    Options
    Once a week, every Wednesday morning pre-breakfast. I have and sometimes still do feel the urge to weigh myself daily or even more often but I've found that it creates an unhealthy mindset for me...so I try to stick with just weekly.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    daily, and i log it into an app that tracks trends. don't sweat fluctuations.
  • hkd1970
    hkd1970 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Gah, it can become such an obsession for me. Seems like no matter how hard I try to not let it have an effect, the mental part of a "number" gets the better of me. If I gain = bad mood. If I lose = great mood. I don't like feeling that way. However, the lack of accountability hasn't proven very successful either. LOL

My balance for now is to weigh myself every two weeks. Saturday or Sunday morning.
  • Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Every morning before breakfast and write it down.
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think about it. Usually 2 or 3 times a week. I think it's helpful to see the fluctuations - it's normal to go up and down a bit even when eating at a deficit.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The decision obviously is yours as far as how often you want to do it. As for me, I weigh every Monday morning at work because I am there by 7am and being a paramedic in the dispatch office at a Level I Trauma Hospital, I have easy access to an accurate scale in the emergency room :-)
  • vegansouled
    vegansouled Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    every morning before i eat or drink anything- but i don't worry about day to day fluctuations
  • carmelamadeleine
    carmelamadeleine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning after i get up. and record it. it shows or makes me aware of the trend=))
  • purplepeoplenomnomnom
    Options
    6+ times a day...at least everytime I use the bathroom at home. After a few days solidly either at or below one weight, I enter the evening weight (generally 2 pounds higher than my next morning's weight).

It seems obsessive and a little crazy, but I just like it. I'm not too bothered about my weight vs the quality of my diet and fitness level, but I enjoy the reinforcement. I also measure my heart rate a bunch of times a day and if I had a blood pressure cuff or blood sugar meter, I'd be checking those constantly too, lol.

One thing I've noticed is that on me my weight changes seem to reflect the choices of the day before yesterday...there's a bit of a delay.
  • Tufters
    Tufters Posts: 1
    Options
    Once a week same day same time

• calliegirl73
    calliegirl73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, then log it in to mfp if i have lost.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    About every other day. I only record losses! Keeps me motivated!
  • cbryant710
    cbryant710 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I'm on track, every morning. However, I find that on the days I eat poorly or don't workout, I don't have the same eagerness to weigh in. That's how I slip up. I think every day is the best way to be held accountable.
  • sassyjassy1222
    sassyjassy1222 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Every tuesday morning before i eat anything.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Made myself put it away because I used to weigh several times a day and it distracted me from what was more important-- getting healthier and stronger! There are so many things you can be proud of without relying on a number to substantiate improved health. I love the whole NSV (non-scale victory) thing. Anyway, I'm shifting from daily weigher to monthly. Changing the habit has been painful but so worth it! Now I notice things like my pants fitting looser, I can exercise longer, have more energy, my back fat rolls are getting smaller... all the things I kind of dismissed when I weighed every day. To each his own! :)
  • rosiegirl333
    rosiegirl333 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every morning, nudie before my shower. Then maybe just before bed for the fun of it. I like to see how much my weight changes throughout the day.
  • 213tim
    213tim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After every bathroom visit when at home. Primarily though, I weigh before breakfast and dinner, as I use the weight on the scale to determine how much I am allowing myself to eat in the meal to follow. I try to stay within two or three pounds range and find this makes it easy to lose 2 to 4 pounds a month without thinking about much else other than sugar consumption. I have lost 45 pounds and maintained 30 to 40 pounds loss for almost two years now (holidays is where I gain the 10 extra, because it is not about giving up enjoying life). I still struggle due to some uncontrollable situations. I try to keep sugar to less than 50 grams (including fruit) when I really want to lose weight, while other people may find need to watch out for extreme starch intake.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in every morning after I wake up, after I pee, before breakfast, in my pj's. I record the loses, but this helped keep me in check. I know that after a weekend of heavy eating and drinking (which is not the norm but happens), that I am going to be up, but I like to see it go back down after the water weight is gone. I took a couple years off and maintained where I am by weighing in every day or every other day and when the scale would creep up, try to eat a bit lighter for the next couple days. Logically I know there are fluctuations so it does not drive me crazy when I have an 'unexpected' weight gain or am stalled out.