need motivation

Options
I am finding myself not following my dietain and doctors orsers . to eat 1800 cal a day and exersize. Sometimes I watch my 600 pound life and tell myself I don't want to become that big. Please I need motivation to keep losing weight . last few months I have lost 24 pounds.

Replies

• IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    hard to motivate others .. personally, i find that telling as many people as possible keeps me accountable ..
    Without knowing what works for you, it's difficult to comment, but really.... don't look at your goals as a 'this is where i want to be in 5/10/12/24 months...'
    look at your goals as 'this is what i'm trying to achieve today', or 'this is where i want to be tomorrow/by the end of the week.'

when i diet, i often write down every morning everything i'm going to eat throughout the day, and cross each item as i eat it.
    it seems a bit obsessive compulsive at times, but it works!!

as for exercise, you can't be motivated to do it. you have to learn to love it. i've become addicted to it over the years .. find a form of exercise you enjoy.. something you love .. and it won't be a chore anymore.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It is journey sista friend and I can say with all certainty that there are days where the road is smooth and freshly paved and comfortable and other days where the road is full of pothole and broken glass! More than anything, understand that you are not alone. SSSSOOO many of us out there have struggled with weight for a long time. Congrats on the 24 lbs that you have lost so far. Celebrate ALL your victories, big or small---they all count. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!
  • broekendy
    broekendy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Friends = motivation and I would love to be your friend. I have just begun this battle and yes, I never intended to become as big as I am either. I am an emotional eater and have to work really hard and take one day at a time. Just think of that 24lbs you lost as 24lbs of butter and that is AMAZING! Keep working, one day at a time!!