IIFYM

Options
After 2 years of my weight playing yo-yo. I'm telling myself that this year I'll no longer endure just skinny summers that lead to fluffy winters. I'm decided to hop on the new craze of IIFYM and so far I've come up with the numbers for my own body, but now how do I go about planning my meals or measuring my macros? Seems really tedious, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Start by working out how many meals you want per day and what you want to eat.

Do you train? I try to put most of my carbs pre and post training, and keep these meals low fat. Protein is kind of evenly spread.

I like to pre plan, so make a meal plan on the weekend for the week. During the week my food doesn't change, so I can prep easily. Weekends are more flexible as I have a different schedule and more time to work out different meals and cook.
  • Galvin87
    Galvin87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Start by working out how many meals you want per day and what you want to eat.

Do you train? I try to put most of my carbs pre and post training, and keep these meals low fat. Protein is kind of evenly spread.

I like to pre plan, so make a meal plan on the weekend for the week. During the week my food doesn't change, so I can prep easily. Weekends are more flexible as I have a different schedule and more time to work out different meals and cook.

I also pre-plan my meals, this occurs every Sunday and Thursday. The reason why I do this is to change up my protein/carb/fat intake so my diet isn't just the same thing all the time. Once I log all my food I then click on "Nutrition" and review my macro percentages. If I don't hit my allotted amounts I adjust accordingly. Weekends I do enjoy that one meal within my macros. I would invest in a food scale to accurately measure your food intake.

Since I started counting my macros 2 weeks ago I have lost 6.1 pounds. It really makes you concious of the fuel you put into your body. Good luck and it gets easier as the days go by.

-galvin