Help me achieve my 3 month weight loss goal!

Options
I've never used a fitness app, but my doctor has told me I need to lose 20 lbs in 3 months due to health reasons. I go back in July and I don't want to let her down. I also have a wedding in a bridesmaid in June. I have a sedentary job and my gym membership starts in May. I need help in achieving my weight loss goal. I don't know where to begin or what to do. Any help or advice would help. I've already lost 3 lbs in two weeks just from cutting off caffeine and carbonated drinks. Help?!

Replies

• alejandra_213
    Options
    Also, I have a weight loss goal overall, not just the 20lbs I need to lose in three months.

CW: 202.8
    3 month goal weight: 182.8
    Overall Goal: 150.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to all this and I'm just looking for support. Help!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Have you put into the app your weight and goal weight to get an idea of your calorie intake? You can put that you'd like to lose 1.5 pounds a week and it will tell you how many calories to consume daily. You can also modify the marconutrients to something like 30P-30F-40C. A lot of people seem to like those numbers. Once you know your calorie intake, it will make planning easier. Exercise will also help you reach your goal by creating that deficit.
  • luvsomemichelle
    Options
    Good Luck! I would love to motivate each other! I also have a sedentary job and really need to lose 20lbs. My health has been effected and that is so irritating but I am just lazy! I need motivation!! I need to change everything overall.. a lifestyle change!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You can do it... I LOVE a new app I just downloaded for at home workouts. SKIMBLE WORKOUT TRAINER. I am also a huge fan of walking (can't run because of a knee issue)