who usese fitbit and how do you like it?

Options
had gotten away from using myfitnesspal but got a fitbit and want to start back. Does fitbit help with motivation and sticking with food diary? Logging in food seams to be my weak link.

Replies

• wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MY FITBIT!!! You can pick the model best suited for you. Mine even has a caller ID that is synched to my iPhone 5.
  • k8einsheff
    Options
    First day today with my fitbit and i love it
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit Flex. Love it!! Aside from tracking steps, I track my excercises, and I have synced it with MFP. Works great!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    You might want to join this group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Lots of great info, be sure to read Heybale's FAQ in the stickies section so you understand what it is you're doing.

I have a Charge HR and I love it. Keeps me motivated and I even have alerts to tell me to get a move on it :)
    Personally I love the added reporting on the Fitbit dashboard. I strongly recommend you log, start just eating what you normally eat, and tweak it from there. I am averaging losing 1 lb a week, it doesn't hit right on every 7 days, but within two weeks of a drop, I see another one. That motivates me like nothing else, and it took adding Fitbit to get those results. I also get to eat more, which I really appreciate, you can't live on MFP's 1200 week in and week out. I log food on MFP, exercise is all in Fitbit. I have MFP set to show negative calories. Works for me.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it helps with motivating a person to log their intake on MFP, I got into the habit of daily logging before getting my fitbit, but it certainly does motivate me to move enough that I earn a positive calorie adjustment.

If I don't have a positive adjustment I get quite agitated and feel an urgency to fix that. :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and I have synced to MFP. Just knowing how many calories I burn and how much I can actually eat and still lose weight keeps me motivated. Like @retirehappy I log food on MFP and my exercise on fitbit.
  • SusieBe9
    SusieBe9 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Charge HR. This together with MFP has been the BEST!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and love it. I wear it around my neck because I was scared I would lose it on its little clip. Its a great motivational tool.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I was looking into fitbit recently and came across this article in The New Yorker. Had me literally laughing out loud several times.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Love my chargeHR!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    OldHobo wrote: »
    I was looking into fitbit recently and came across this article in The New Yorker. Had me literally laughing out loud several times.

Thanks for the good laugh !!! esp. the KFC part...hahahaha
    I have to admit, I am not as dedicated to mine.

• justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I do the weekly and weekend challenges w friends, and it keeps me moving :)
  • ttraylor57
    ttraylor57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You might want to join this group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Lots of great info, be sure to read Heybale's FAQ in the stickies section so you understand what it is you're doing.

I have a Charge HR and I love it. Keeps me motivated and I even have alerts to tell me to get a move on it :)
    Personally I love the added reporting on the Fitbit dashboard. I strongly recommend you log, start just eating what you normally eat, and tweak it from there. I am averaging losing 1 lb a week, it doesn't hit right on every 7 days, but within two weeks of a drop, I see another one. That motivates me like nothing else, and it took adding Fitbit to get those results. I also get to eat more, which I really appreciate, you can't live on MFP's 1200 week in and week out. I log food on MFP, exercise is all in Fitbit. I have MFP set to show negative calories. Works for me.

I joined the group and didn't think about setting alerts on my charge HR-will do that. Thanks!