Big NCVs - photo!

Options
(lol I meant 'Big NSV's' ... leave it to me to type an abbreviation wrong.)

Sorry guys, I still haven't mastered photos ... but I changed my profile photo to my progess!

So a week or so, I've been really discouraged. I hadn't lost anything, even after working my butt off at the gym and staying under my goals. Suddenly that 75 lbs left seemed really scary.

But, instead of getting back on the scale, I went to my favorite jeans store. I was so nervous, because I was so sure I was just going to be even more discouraged. If I was still have to squeeze my way into a size 18, I didn't know what I was going to do.

But low and behold ... forget the 18! Infact, forget the 16. I am now a comfy size 14. No dance required to get them on. I litterally almost cried in the dressing room.

So, I bought my size 14 dark jeans and am thrilled. I was so happy, I went home and got out my "thinner" clothes I had hidden in the back of my wardrobe, hoping I'd fit into them again one day. And guess what? They fit. :) Infact, some are too baggy! Holy shiz!

Moral of the story: *kitten* THE SCALE GUYS. Sure it's a good tool to track progress once and awhile, but don't base all of your accomplishments on it! Make sure you're tracking inches and paying attention to your clothes. They don't lie!

Replies

• DrMaryMatthews
    DrMaryMatthews Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    GREAT!!! WAY TO GO!!! AND You Wear those jeans, Girlfriend!!! :-)
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    That is so awesome! Happy for you!:smile:
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great post, and congratulations!!!
  • almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! Congrats, I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling!
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    This is so great. Gives me hope that my scale doesnt judge what size pants I should wear. Maybe I will go and try some of my hidden cloths on :). Thanks for the motivation.
  • fortworthbret
    Options
    Congrats. I can't wait for one of these moments. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    way to go , you look great
  • chovam
    chovam Posts: 18
    Options
    way to go! That sounds like an awesome way to tell if you lost weight and you can get some new jeans :)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!
    Way to go - I know the feeling - clothes shopping isn't a chore anymore! (well as a guy it is... but.. not AS much as one LOL)
    Fantastic news and what a great upbeat story - You are clearly doing great!!!
  • Lending
    Lending Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome! I'm just as happy for you. Very motivating...
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Wonderful! You should be very happy
  • thirteenblessings
    Options
    Awesome! Great job, keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!