Wanting to take back control

Options

Replies

• Miles008
    Miles008 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Does this happen to other people here?? I started on this app a couple months ago and was doing sooo well! Then, when I was almost to my goal I self sabotaged and started binging and going to the gym less. Sometimes working out and eating moderate portions of healthy food seems to come naturally, and then sometimes I struggle not to binge on food every single night.
  • kkunzler
    kkunzler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try making your goal a little smaller and easier to reach (instead of 2 pounds, 1 pound, or instead of 1 pound, .5 of a pound). Try rewarding yourself for meeting a monthly goal with something that's not food related - ice skating, bowling with friends, a new book, a cute scarf, or something else small and exciting. And - remember, You can do it!! I have faith in you ^-^
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Over the course of close to a year and a half with 2 major cuts and one moderate bulk I went from 245lb down to 190.

May - October 2014 I didn't train because I injured myself, my partner stopped training with me and I lost all motivation, then moved and couldn't get the motivation to go to the gym and went back from 190 to 245lb

Been back since October 2014 and I'm currently just under 224, losing fairly consistently again!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    your numbers look a lot like mine. It is a boring and tedious process. I seem to sabotage myself as I get closer to goal, too. Gotta stick with it. Log everything and do your very best! It never happens as consistently as we like... there are often bumps in the road and we can usually blame ourselves! Ask yourself why you are binging... are you cutting out too many foods that you actually love, for the sake of eating only "healthy" food? Add them back in! Just make sure you stay in your deficit :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    what spoon said, stuff happens. At least you know the reason why, which is your first step to setting you back to losing again. You know beating yourself up about it is counterproductive sp dont do it.

You say you are on the berge of binging all the time. which is often a sign of being too aggressive. look at your diet for satiety. Go at a smaller deficcit maybe 250 calories/1/2lb a week?

The thing ive learned about dieting is its boring, but the results arent so you have to get on with it. I admire the people who have been on a diet for years............

You dont have much to lose, get back at it and finish it.
  • Crogirl_22
    Crogirl_22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What is your exercise routine like? Are you doing strength training or just cardio?
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Miles008 wrote: »
    8zf4q8rftigd.jpg

I am in it right now. 131 today. Was 126 not long ago. 120 was my goal. I wanna cry!
  • Miles008
    Miles008 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded here! I am still getting the hang of the community function of my fitness pal, and I just now read all of your responses. The support is very appreciated! I went grocery shopping last night for some healthy (but yummy) food, and I think that will help me get restarted and back on track for my goal! Sengalissa omg Yep it sounds like we are in similar situations! My goal has been to break 120, and it is a crappy feeling to get within two pounds of it and then instead of pushing to break through I just stop working out and strap on the fees bag again. Ugh!! But I've done it before and we can do it again! Thanks again for your support! :)