How much calories per hour for me?

Options
I gained a lot of weight back due to depression (in the past 3 years). I bought me a fitbit charge and I've lost, since the beginning of the year, 12 pounds. However, I haven't really exercised much at all. I have been walking / jogging at night with my dog at our local track and It feels SO good to exercise again. I can't believe I let myself go so long.

My question is this. I weight 370. I know it isn't a great weight and I'm embarrassed about it honestly, but I accept that it's going to decrease big time soon ^_^ How many calories will I burn per hour walking 2.5 mph? Not jogging, just 2.5 walking speed. Thanks guys :)

Also, my resting calorie burn per day is 2700ish according to fitbit. Is this correct?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Try this calculator, I put my info in there for running 20 min at 6MPH and it matched the treadmill and my Jawbone.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • jwolford90
    jwolford90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone down either map my run or get noom cardio. I use noomed cardio and love it. It works of your gps. I find it super handy as i walk alot more now too. Xx
  • pursuit95
    pursuit95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    use mapmywalk app. it does the job for me. it will show you distance, speed, route and burned calories.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    pursuit95 wrote: »
    use mapmywalk app. it does the job for me. it will show you distance, speed, route and burned calories.

Map My Walk grossly over estimates calories burned. At least for me it does (according to my HRM)