Hi from Texas :)

Options
ash12783
ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
Hi, my name's Ashley and I'm doing the same thing everyone else here is, trying to lose some weight :). I started Monday, May 9, 2011 so I'm offically 1 week and 1 day into this and I have lost 4 lbs. I know it's not much compared what I want to lose but it's a start....and you gotta start somewhere right? If I didn't start doing anything now I may have GAINED those 4 lbs :P and we wouldn't want that!
I live in San Antonio with my boyfriend and work as a banker, photographer, and makeup artist so I can get busy at times :) Losing weight will help me be more confident and feel a lot better each day so I'm looking forward to that!
Now on to the vitals: (drum roll please....)
Height: 5'5''
Starting weight: 255.5
Todays' weight: 251.3
First big goal weight: 180
Ultimate goal weight: 135
seeing those numbers is kind of scary, it's like wow! can I lose 120 lbs? I know I can, i just have to find the motivation and the support and that's where you guys come in I'm hoping :) I'll be looking forward to keeping up with your progress as well as supporting you and sharing my own goals along the way. I'm glad I found MFP!

Replies

• tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome,,,,You can so do this,,,we are all on this journey together....
    Good Luck to you on your weight lose.....
    I will send you a friend request so we can be buddies if you like..
    Support and encouragment is great on this site....
    Good luck to you...
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    This is a good place to be. Good luck and welcome.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in Texas too!! I live in Vega, I am about 35 miles west of Amarillo.

Welcome to MFP. you can add me if you want.
  • elifefull
    elifefull Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome to the journey, glad you found us!!!! Be sure to add me as a friend!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I'm from San Antonio as well. :flowerforyou: Good luck with your weight loss! You'll do great, no worries.
  • angeldavila08
    angeldavila08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey i love in North Texas, i havent lost anything yet. And it my fault totally. But you have lost 4 pounds already thats excellent!!!! My husband and i have a veg friend and she has given us some support to i have kicked it into gear lol Good luck girly!!!! You will do great!!!
  • ash12783
    Options
    wow thanks for the warm welcome everyone that was fast! :) i can tell i'm gonna love it here already <3
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello, another Texan here, Wichita Falls.

6215015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes Welcome. The journey is always easier with people in your corner!! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • halibutthead
    Options
    Hi there from Alaska. Just found this website and love it! My journey started a few weeks ago but welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im from Houston...welcome to MFP and yes, this is a great site with great people and wonderful support...Good luck on your journey..! :flowerforyou:
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Texan! I'm in Austin. I've also been on here for only 1 week and love it! Feel free to add me. We can help motivate each other!
  • youngpat
    youngpat Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, My name Is Patricia and I am from Jackson MS, I am new to this as well just started Monday, so we are starting this together I have been at this weight battle for a year with little success. We are both on the right track and with this much support system we both can make it.
    Good Luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow Texan!! I live in Houston. I think you will love it here. I have found great support and friends here! Good luck to you!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Sending you a big welcome from Austin. :smile: This is a great place for support and finding people that understand the daily struggles.
  • murdy745
    murdy745 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Houston here :) I am new to Fitness Pal as well...I like it already!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Howdy San Antonio!!!
    as a Denton/Ft. Worth native it is ALWAYS great to see fellow Texans on here (even though I'm now residing in Iowa :sigh:)
    You'll love the site! Great folks, wonderful motivation, and best of all - we are ALL doing the same thing so the honest responses, support, and discussions are FANTASTIC!!!

Welcome aboard and if you need friends - feel free to through me an add!

Have a great one!
    C.J.
  • ash12783
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone :) I can't believe I never knew about this place until yesterday!
  • Oolie88
    Oolie88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!

I'm from San Antonio!! Love love love it.. but living there will make you put on a few pounds :blushing:

I love MFP. You will get tons of support here! Good Luck!!
  • ash12783
    Options
    Hey there!!

I'm from San Antonio!! Love love love it.. but living there will make you put on a few pounds :blushing:

I love MFP. You will get tons of support here! Good Luck!!

I've been here for a year now and i really like it so far...and yes, there are too many awesome mexican food restaurants here so of course you'll fill out a little lol :P