Water???

Options
just a quick question - on the daily water intake does it have to be just pure water??? i only drink tea or diluted squash so wondered if the squash counts towards my daily water intake??? thanks

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I drink the walmart brand of crystal light packets to go. I track that as water and then add the packet as a "snack" in my diary.
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good question. I'm drinking 15 cups a day.
  • mummykellyto2
    Options
    sorry not sure what tey are as i'm in the uk, but thanks anyway and hope your journey goes well
  • mummykellyto2
    Options
    Good question. I'm drinking 15 cups a day.

wow - thats loads, i only manage about 5 - i am so bad at drinking - think that will be my goal from tomorrow
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Anything that has sodium or caffeine doesn't count.
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    just a quick question - on the daily water intake does it have to be just pure water??? i only drink tea or diluted squash so wondered if the squash counts towards my daily water intake??? thanks

Just out of curiosity... what is diluted squash?? :happy:
  • mummykellyto2
    Options
    Anything that has sodium or caffeine doesn't count.

thanks
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If the tea is decaf it counts (something I only just learned myself :)) but if it has caffiene it's a no.
  • mummykellyto2
    Options

Just out of curiosity... what is diluted squash?? :happy:

it is like a juice that you add water to to make a juice drink - we have this in the uk, sometimes known as cordial - hope that helps
  • mummykellyto2
    Options
    If the tea is decaf it counts (something I only just learned myself :)) but if it has caffiene it's a no.

i just hvae normal pg tips, with semi skimmed milk and half spoon sugar, so wasn't counting it, but if the juice counts makes me feel better about drinking water ll
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    It helps me visualize it a little bit better - thanks!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Most every drink will count in some form or fashion to your water intake...
    There are all kinds of conversations across the web discussing this very thing... (I've never seen diluted squash either lol)

I've been told (by my Dr) that you can count 70% (very conservative estimate) of every glass of tea as water - again since I've no idea what the diluted squash is - I can't speak to that part...

I also put an additive to my water to help me consume it - I personally use MiO flavoring - Don't know if that will help or not :)

Welcome around and thanks for the question! I hope my answer will help in some way
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Try adding lemons, limes or oranges to your water, the fresh citrus taste will make drinking water easier. And make sure it's ice cold as often as possible, there are hundreds of studies that show ice water speeds up your metabolism.

Anything with caffeine does not count towards your water and should be drank in moderation.
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    I have been using Mio Liquid to flavor the water, its 0 cal 0 fat 0 sodium and it taste great
  • mummykellyto2
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE

am realising how different things are between the uk and america!!!!!

think i am going to count it as water as the calories from the juice is added, so the water still counts!!!!

fell better now, just to aim for 8 a day!!!!:laugh:
  • SiobhanF2773
    Options
    From what I understand, it does NOT have to be pure water. Tea should be counted as well as lightly flavored waters. I would think that any liquids with a high amount of sugar, should not be counted as water. Check out the link below under the heading "Sweet Nothings". This website explains it well.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t045000.asp#T045004
  • kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I absolutely HATE water! In the mornings I try to drink 2 glasses while getting ready for work/school. Then I take my bottle of SmartWater, which is 33.8 fluid ounces, about 4 cups of water. Therefore by the time I get home at night, I only have 2 glasses of water left to drink...and I will drink them during/after my workout.

Space out the water and it won't be that bad. (:
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    if you hate straight water and want to kee it more on the pure side...brew a cup of hot decaf flavored tea...my fav is country peach, or dragon fruit white tea and then add the 8oz cup of brewed tea to 32oz of ice water and if you need a bit of sweetener add it in to the hot tea before you add that to the ice water and it is so good!

So many flavors to choose from in comparison to the crystal light stuff.

I make a few of these 32ozers a day and have lots of variety in my water.