90 days and 1/3 way there!

Options
So this week marks 90 days since I started my weight loss/get healthy journey. Here are my accomplishments so far!

--I've lost 31 lbs...that's an average of 2.5 lbs per week and 1/3 of my ultimate goal.
--I've gone from a size 22 to size 16 and they're already fitting baggy on me. (not quite in the 14s yet though)
--I started only being able to do 10-15 minutes on the treadmill at no more than 2.5 mph. Now I can do 20 minutes with intervals of
3.5 to 5.0 mph. 2.5mph is my cool down now.
--The elliptical was my enemy. The first time I tried, I had to quit after only 5 minutes. Now I go between 35-45 minutes at a time.
--My resting heart rate went from low to mid 80s to low 60s.
--My starting BMI was 38.4...now it's 33.4..a difference of 5!!!

If you're wondering how I did it, it couldn't be simpler:

--I signed up for MFP...the best move I ever made! The support has been amazing, and it takes any guesswork out of calorie
counting.
--Watching my calorie intake and understanding that portion control isn't just about eating less but finding the foods that you can eat
more of and being creative with recipes.
--Joining a gym. I do 20-30 minutes of strength training, plus core exercises. THEN 30-45 minutes of cardio. I read an article about
the importance of doing ST first. Getting the burn going on your muscles first actually stimulates your metabolism and helps
keep the burn going for much longer.
--"Shock your Metabolism"! It's a fancy way of saying...pig out every now and then. Even if you're eating healthy and exercising
everyday, it could set you on a plateau. You're metabolism gets use to it, and slows down. Everytime I feel like I'm hitting a
plateau, I just let loose one day and eat whatever I want. I've always had a big loss (2+ lbs) the next week.
--STAY POSITIVE!!!! Using terms like dieting and binging and negative thoughts and people will be your demise. Try using terms
like "getting healthy" and "weight loss journey". Like any journey, you'll have ups and downs but there's a definate destination at
the end. Dieting has so many negative connotations. Also, if you have people that are critcizing your weight loss or trying to
sabotage you ("one donut won't kill you"), stop talking to them about your efforts. They'll only bum you out!

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading!!! I've already posted these, but I'm just so darn proud! LOL

Christmas, 2010..235ish
2010-12-18175753.jpg

February, 2011...238 (my heaviest)
2011-02-201554002.jpg

May, 2011...209...(I've lost 2 more lbs since)
1305036225.jpg

1305036237.jpg

Replies

• JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    you look great! keep up the hard work!
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! You're kicking *kitten*, girl!
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    congrats you go girl
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Woot! You look really good!
  • Pkostic
    Pkostic Posts: 7
    Options
    Amazing!
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! :happy:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats.

I like all the feedback of how you've been able to accomplish this weight loss.

I always do cardio first then ST, I might just have to switch it up a bit.

Thanks.
  • sthum
    sthum Posts: 25
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!! Congrats~
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!!!! i'm on 80 days now and i'm not losing as fast... but i'm still happy! i've been averaging 1 lb per week

great job!!!!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Looking great! :) Your pictures make you look like 180, but your counter says your around 200? :O
  • ssc0303
    ssc0303 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Very inspiring. *bookmarked it*
  • heatherann76
    Options
    wow you are doing great!
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspirationsal, I am starting at your starting point and I hope I look that fantastic at 200! Great job!
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    DANG keep up the great work you look great:bigsmile:
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job! Congrats!
  • missay_
    missay_ Posts: 29
    Options
    get it girl!!!! doing awesome!
  • hikixx
    hikixx Posts: 13
    Options
    We are at the same beginning weight and the same ideal weight! I started just two weeks ago and have only lost 9lbs though :( But I am doing very good so far I guess.

But congrats to you! And I hope you continue with your weight loss journey! I would love to see the both of us finish at our GOAL weights! :wink:
  • ricepattikay
    ricepattikay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lookin good!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!