Feeling Like I'm not getting anywhere..

Options
I've just started working out again recently & feel like I'm not losing enough weight or doing enough. I keep myself at 1,200 calories or below a day. Protein shakes & healthy foods with lots of water. I go for 2 hour walks every day & do workouts for 30 min a day, sometimes more. Should I do more? I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I've only lost 1 lb. I feel toned & have gotten many compliments lately but it's not enough.. ):

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    One pound in what time frame? What would be enough?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How did you determine your calorie goal? It seemed pretty low. Why aren't you unhappy with losing a pound and seeing a physical difference? That doesn't sound like going nowhere.

You sound impatient.
  • clhenderson2
    clhenderson2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've just started working out again recently & feel like I'm not losing enough weight or doing enough. I keep myself at 1,200 calories or below a day. Protein shakes & healthy foods with lots of water. I go for 2 hour walks every day & do workouts for 30 min a day, sometimes more. Should I do more? I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I've only lost 1 lb. I feel toned & have gotten many compliments lately but it's not enough.. ):

Are you familiar with our fat regulating hormone: Leptin? You're calorie deficit is quite low and it seems you may be crash dieting. What happens to our body when dieting is a decrease in leptin which as I mentioned in the beginning is the master hormone for weight loss. When a decrease in our caloric intake occurs this is a signal to your body that it's in trouble, and as a result it starts holding on to fat as in survival mode which can make weight loss extremely difficult. This is what most experts would call leptin resistance. Find YouTube videos about it and you will learn more about it and how to overcome it so you can maximize your weight loss potential. I hope this helps! Best wishes on your weight loss journey.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Are you familiar with our fat regulating hormone: Leptin? You're calorie deficit is quite low and it seems you may be crash dieting. What happens to our body when dieting is a decrease in leptin which as I mentioned in the beginning is the master hormone for weight loss. When a decrease in our caloric intake occurs this is a signal to your body that it's in trouble, and as a result it starts holding on to fat as in survival mode which can make weight loss extremely difficult. This is what most experts would call leptin resistance. Find YouTube videos about it and you will learn more about it and how to overcome it so you can maximize your weight loss potential. I hope this helps! Best wishes on your weight loss journey.

Ignore this ^^^^ it's well nonsense

As others have said over what time frame
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Nope. Survival mode doesn't work that way.

OP, what are your stats and how long has it taken you to lose that pound?
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Depends on your stats. I eat 1200 a day or less and I weigh about 120 right now and am still losing weight. Sometimes if your body is at the proper weight it should be, you wont lose very much despite your efforts.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Depends on your stats. I eat 1200 a day or less and I weigh about 120 right now and am still losing weight. Sometimes if your body is at the proper weight it should be, you wont lose very much despite your efforts.

If you are at a calorie deficit, you will lose weight even if you are at your "proper weight." If not, nobody would have to worry about starvation.

• Tlw83
    Tlw83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm stuck right now too. 1200 or less a day. Walking and exercise. Gained 2 pounds. I'm there with you. Btw mfp tells people to eat 1200 I've seen several people say that.

• shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is simply not enough!