Cambodia garcenia anyone ?

Options
Just started taking this product from vitamin shoppe .. Want to know if anyone's tried it and how were your results or thoughts.... I need an extra boost to loose weight in the dreaded stomach area .. Thanks peeps...

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It does a great job of wasting your money. That's it. Same goes for green tea extract, raspberry keytones ... pretty much anything mentioned by Dr. Oz (which he eventually admitted in front of Congress).
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh great grrrr lol ...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Snake oil is also a delicious alternative ;) Your wallet slims down dramatically after a few weeks!
  • sandylbraun
    Options
    Highly suspicious of this product. I'm looking to lose weight in a smarter way. I used to starve myself to get results but that method no longer works for me..
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Have to eat to loose weight ... Best wishes .. Thanks for the reply ...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    lisa68XX wrote: »
    Just started taking this product from vitamin shoppe .. Want to know if anyone's tried it and how were your results or thoughts.... I need an extra boost to loose weight in the dreaded stomach area .. Thanks peeps...
    Why are you taking this?

Nothing provides an extra boost to weight loss, except eating at a calorie deficit.

In my opinion, if it helps you feel better, great, but it has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Options
    Heard this helps with belly fat reduction..
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Science says otherwise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Science says otherwise.

Indeed.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Fell for it. Not enough studies done to suggest anything happens given the dosage they sell it as.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I am so confused as to why people spend the money first and ask the questions later. Isn't that backwards logic?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I am so confused as to why people spend the money first and ask the questions later. Isn't that backwards logic?

Because hopes blinds people a lot of the time. And buzz words like "natural" and "no change to your lifestyle" can mean a lot to someone who is aware they have a problem but don't think they can make the change.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have tried various 'pills' in the past, and can safely say they are all a waste of money i'm afraid. I'm also quite skeptical of anything that says it can specifically target one area (such as belly flat as this stuff claims to do), especially because when losing 'naturally' that just isn't how weight loss/fat loss works.

The only positive i can see with these things is the placebo affect; which is great until you actually realize that then illusion over :p
  • cathychyeah
    cathychyeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it. I work in a big chain shop where this is sold and it is awful. No research and customers always complain. Same with raspberry keytons, green coffee and so on. The only supplement which is good for fat loss is CLA but only works for the first time you use it