Help?

Options
When logging food how do you know we in one to pick? Like if there's no barcode. There's so many different calorie options for the same type of food. Example celery: one will say 10 calories another 15 etc and be the same weight how do I know which is right?

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I guess you don't...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Look for the entry that doesn't have an asterisk. Those come straight from MFP and not from a user.
  • Kath_George
    Kath_George Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You just kinda chose which one you want. Like if I think the calories is too high for a certain food then I won't pick it BC it's probably some processed factory food. If I think it's too low then sometimes I add more quantities. I kinda go by breakfast 100 cal, lunch 200cal, dinner 200 cal and snack 100 cal. I wouldn't go over that
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    google

If you google fruits/vegetables and some meats, the USDA information for the item shows up on the right side of the screen.
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I can't find exactly, I pick high. Exactly means, for example,1Johnsonville Italian sausage. I pick high for things I make from scratch, say, chicken salad for sandwiches where I put in mayo until it looks right for the amount of meat I have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!