Rush Fit

Options
Has anyone tried Rush Fit?

Replies

• coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started Rush Fit on Sunday.... so I am 3 days in. I am really enjoying it so far.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    what is it?
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Is it hard?
  • DreaDreaDre
    DreaDreaDre Posts: 23
    Options
    I just started Rush Fit on Sunday.... so I am 3 days in. I am really enjoying it so far.

AWESOME I'm thinking about ordering it but haven't heard much about it.
  • ScottMcCormick22
    Options
    Its a workout by a MMA fighter, along the lines of insanity
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    There is a topic today posting a link to an article comparing Rushfit, Insanity, and P90X. It's from the American Council onExercise. Good read, but I can't remember the topic title. You can probably find it with search.
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did the 8 week beginner program in January and February and I loved it! But I'm a huge GSP fan so I loved working out with him everyday :) I lost 8 inches over the 8 weeks but the scale didn't move at all. I now just incorporate the DVD's into my regular workouts so I do it 2x a week along with running and some other lifting. I'm thinking about starting the 8 week intermediate program in 2 weeks when school is out and can concentrate on my nutrition better. I don't think I was eating enough protein during the first program to get the results I wanted. The intense power training is my favorite...could do it everyday if my legs would cooperate!
  • DreaDreaDre
    DreaDreaDre Posts: 23
    Options
    I did the 8 week beginner program in January and February and I loved it! But I'm a huge GSP fan so I loved working out with him everyday :) I lost 8 inches over the 8 weeks but the scale didn't move at all. I now just incorporate the DVD's into my regular workouts so I do it 2x a week along with running and some other lifting. I'm thinking about starting the 8 week intermediate program in 2 weeks when school is out and can concentrate on my nutrition better. I don't think I was eating enough protein during the first program to get the results I wanted. The intense power training is my favorite...could do it everyday if my legs would cooperate!

Did you follow the nutrition plan?
  • liveinbliss
    Options

I would say that in general I followed the nutrition plan, but when I figured my calorie range according to their figures I think it only gave me 1600 calories. After the 8 weeks was over and I hadn't lost weight or gained much muscle I contacted a trainer and he said I was not consuming enough calories. He suggested I eat at least 2400 on days that I did rushfit. According to my HR monitor i burn on average 400-500 calories depending on which workout I do so on their suggested calories I was only netting 1100-1200 a day! So be careful with the nutrition part.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I would say that in general I followed the nutrition plan, but when I figured my calorie range according to their figures I think it only gave me 1600 calories. After the 8 weeks was over and I hadn't lost weight or gained much muscle I contacted a trainer and he said I was not consuming enough calories. He suggested I eat at least 2400 on days that I did rushfit. According to my HR monitor i burn on average 400-500 calories depending on which workout I do so on their suggested calories I was only netting 1100-1200 a day! So be careful with the nutrition part.

Have you lost after upping your calorie intake? Or is it too soon to know? I have read all the topics and know the theory but I need to hear from people like yourself who have tried both ways and lost while eating more.
  • liveinbliss
    Options

Have you lost after upping your calorie intake? Or is it too soon to know? I have read all the topics and know the theory but I need to hear from people like yourself who have tried both ways and lost while eating more.

I still have not lost but now I can definately tell that I am building muscle. Of course the flip side is I am eating more then I ever was before and am not gaining weight either!
  • crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    bump
  • mawilbolou
    mawilbolou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rushfit is awesome...

I do this 2 times per week.
    I normally do one of the following based on my goals:

-Fight Conditioning Workout (Where boxing gloves for extra resistance)
    -Strength and Endurance Workout
    -Balance And Agility Bonus workout

I felt that personally I got too sore in my muscles (Especially in Legs and Butt) to follow
    the program as it is prescribed in the Manual.

I have noticed a massive increase in Core and Lower body strength and my Endurance has improved.
    My resting heart has also dropped significantly.

Its a great set of DVD's though, and I would recommend them to everyone.
  • trayart
    Options
    I Started RushFit prior to Christmas and took a 2 week hiatus 3 weeks in. I am not 2 weeks into a restart, beginner program... I can tell you, I am feeling much better about it now. I can hit the back bend for 3 seconds and I do every workout on the schedule as they have it laid out. Mawilbolou, I can say I feel your pain with the leg and glute pain; however, suck it up. Well worth the pain... push through it and eventually you will have much, MUCH less pain. I have always hit my legs hard (prior to RushFit) so it doesn't kill me like I am sure it does others.

On top of RushFit I am hiking 3 days a week with 1300 to 2400 feet elevations from start to finish.... each hike is between 3.75 and 4 miles with an average mile time of 26 minutes. I will admit I skipped out on some of my bonus workouts but the extra 1300 cal burn is worth it. Will try to get my bonus workouts in this week.

I have some friends who went from the 250 range to the 185-90 range and they are now consuming 3500 cals a day build muscle. I had restricted my intake to 1800 but with the workouts I am not netting enough so I have increased my intakes between 2500-3k. I eat a lot of raw foods also.... feel great... Anyone doing this, keep it up. Going to float into intermediate right after I am done with the beginner program. May do the expert or may switch to Insanity, which I feel is more intense all around.
  • trayart
    Options
    Oh and I just wanted to let everyone know I am about 6ft 2in 250... getting that back bend down for 30 seconds (on my fists because my hands don't like to bend the way the need to for a proper backbend) was a huge accomplishment.
  • Hathar
    Hathar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys
    I'm taking on the Rushfit Program and combining it with the "Built for Show Program"
    I'm In the Winter program with the Built for show program and in the second week of
    the Rushfit program.
    So far, my caloric intake ranges between 1700 and 1920 total on a daily basis I'm bumping it up to 2800 and then to 3300 in early spring when the workouts gets harder.
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    I restarted yesterday. It's a great program.
  • Joemilli
    Options
    I started rushfit today for second time, i did a full 8 weeks prior and got the shirt and had amazing results.

I love how workouts are laid out and explanantions are easy to follow, not always looking up wondering what i should be doing

2 times max on fight conditioning video and you will be flting through it knowing exactly what to do.

I get the feeling on average Rushfit burns 450 - 550 cals per workout

Women must love this exercise program as it targets the core, abs and *kitten*!!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I completed my 5th week of the program...one of the best workouts for me so far.

8488541.png
  • spleenfreak
    Options
    I just finished my first Rushfit and lost 18lbs in 8 weeks and put on muscle like I have never had before (not that I ever had a lot).

I am trying the Tapout XT workout now but 3 days into it I must say I like Rushfit better.

Tapout is not bad but I like the format of Rushfit much better.

I think I may alternate back and forth from week to week to mix it up and work different parts of my body.