Weight gain help, please

Options
I've had a problem with my weight for the last 3 years and am currently under a dietician, but no matter how hard I try or how much I eat putting on weight is always a problem. I have a protein shake in the mornings to give me extra calories, etc.
I've had knee surgery which caused me to lose more weight due to being in so much pain afterwards and I currently work a couple of hours at a stables few mornings a week.. I have attempted to go back to the gym even just to work my upper body, but still due to the pain this hasn't been very successful (I am on very strong painkillers or nerve block tablets)
I can't seem to let go of that fact that's it is okay to have a 'treat' once in a while and I won't really do much harm.

Can anyone suggest or give me any tips on how to much some weight on without getting 'porky'? Thanks

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Track food, and slowly increase calories till you get to where you are putting on weight at an acceptable pace
  • karrysalexi
    karrysalexi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight?
  • karrysalexi
    karrysalexi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot seven and 164lbs but eat 4k calories a day or at least try to get at least 3500.
  • nicolepark629
    nicolepark629 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5ft6 and 45kg