I need HELP!!!!

Options
Hi

Just wanted some help with an exercise plan/routine that doesn't involve hours in the gym.
I have a very hectic life at the moment full time nursing degree, whilst working 12hr shifts in a hospital and raising 3 children

Replies

• mskurski
    mskurski Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I go on YouTube. There are a lot of exercise programs that's on there you can do at home.
  • Lily2you
    Lily2you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tracked your steps at work? I wear my fitbit and I log over 13,000 steps in a 12 hour shift. I know there are people here that don't think that walking should count but I disagree. Tracking my steps pushes me to increase my movement: walk a spec to the lab instead of tubing it, transport a pt to xray myself instead of calling the runner, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Works well for me.
  • NowSteffy50
    NowSteffy50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try HASFit - look on google, and use the 30 days beginners programme... range for 10-30 mins but you definitely feel it.

Also, the simplest approach is just commit to being on your feet more. I have a desk job and long working hours. So I try to walking 5-10 minute more every hour (getting a drink from the furthest water cooler, using the bathroom on another floor, parking at the far end of the car park, taking phone calls standing up, walking to see someone instead of emailing them). It soon adds up, and I have managed to go from a rubbish 2000 steps a day to averaging 5000 steps and working towards 10000.

It also means that you don't have the major effort of changing clothes, feeling hot and sweaty and basically making it a big public event.....
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    "Pop Sugar" app has many quick 5-20 minute workouts. It has a big selection to fit your style. "Fitness Blender" on YouTube has a great selection as well. 5-10 minute body weight intensive workouts will do wonders for your fitness.
  • MirandaDevaney82
    MirandaDevaney82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys that's a massive help I'll be utilising all your ideas xx
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Wow you are a busy bee..

If you want you can also look up circuit type exercises. Burst exercises you can do in about 8 - 10 minutes, this gets your heart rate up and involves body weight and incorporates cardio (two for one). You can do this two or three times a day for example, do this before you shower or while the kids are getting ready or doing homework, etc..

Take a few minutes and shut the door and spend about 10 minutes to yourself..
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I took a friend to the ER and I was amazed at how much walking hospital staff do. Sorta jelly.

• Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am crunched for time as well and I've found the T25 program has worked wonders for me. It's 25 minutes a day of constant movement, no breaks and gives the results of an hour long routine. It's amazing.
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Get the Nike Training Club app, it has workouts from 15-45+ minutes that focus on different areas that you rotate.
  • thatk5672
    thatk5672 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I recently started Bikini Body Mommy. Free videos on YouTube. Entire workouts with warm up and cool down included are around 20 minutes. Only equipment needed is some dumbbells and probably a good idea to get an exercise mat. Oh- and you don't HAVE to be a mom, or even female. :smile:
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try push /pull/ legs or full body workouts
  • rbgc12
    rbgc12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anybody used the workouts on bodybuilding.com. anybody bodybuild
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nike + training club is easy free and customizable
  • Kelamb10
    Kelamb10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try the book - 20 minute workout. Great stuff
  • MirandaDevaney82
    MirandaDevaney82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Wow you are a busy bee..

If you want you can also look up circuit type exercises. Burst exercises you can do in about 8 - 10 minutes, this gets your heart rate up and involves body weight and incorporates cardio (two for one). You can do this two or three times a day for example, do this before you shower or while the kids are getting ready or doing homework, etc..

Take a few minutes and shut the door and spend about 10 minutes to yourself..

Thank you these are a great idea I'll be doing these x
  • bbranche04
    bbranche04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started using this site to track my food intake and noticed it has cardio and strengh exercises you can add. My bike riding shows XX of calories, but none of the strength exercisess show an amount of calories burned?? Why is that? Do they not count as exercising? Believe me I am sweating through them just to get in 20 reps.