Burning more calories than sugguested?

Options
I am a mother of a 2 year old who loves to play and keep mommy on her toes, I am also a housewife who cooks and clean all day everyday. They suggested I burn around 580 calories a day and it's 11:30am and I surpassed that by about 400 calories already. I don't eat often (dont have time nor am I hungry). I haven't even gotten to my workout yet (weights and cardio)

Am I doing to much exercising? why am I not losing any weight?

Replies

• terresabooth
    Options
    where do they tell you how much calories to burn a day. I do not see it.
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I type in my exercises it says "daily total/goal and weekly total / goal" And i'm sorry I got the totals mixed up my weekly goal is supposed to be 580. Am I reading these things wrong or something?
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    you can change those goals i think, they're just for your targets, not instructions from MFP.
  • terresabooth
    Options
    I see it I now know why i am not loosing weight I think I can eat more if I workout. :sad:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    This handy dandy calculator should help :)

http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

If you're extremely active - just in daily activities - playing with your kids, cleaning, etc - you're probably underestimating what you need to eat for your activity level.
  • acave9406
    Options
    you can change those goals i think, they're just for your targets, not instructions from MFP.

I have no idea how much I should be burning. :frown:
  • acave9406
    Options
    This handy dandy calculator should help :)

http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

If you're extremely active - just in daily activities - playing with your kids, cleaning, etc - you're probably underestimating what you need to eat for your activity level.

Surprisingly enough, MFP was exactly the same as the calculate on my daily calorie intake. Am I not eating enough for me not to be losing weight?
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You're not getting enough calories and fat and this point. All your activity is counter-productive if you aren't eating enough to keep up with it. Make sure you are eating regularly throughout the day, even if you say you don't have time or don't feel hungry. Your body needs fuel to keep going and to turn the fat you have into lean muscle.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    What do you have your activity level set at? Maybe you need to adjust that to give you a better idea of how much to eat each day and then add actual excercise (not house cleaning or playing since that would be covered under your activity level and is considered part of your normal day.)

Can you open up your profile. Maybe if we could see what you are doing, we might be able to help a little more.
  • acave9406
    Options
    What do you have your activity level set at? Maybe you need to adjust that to give you a better idea of how much to eat each day and then add actual excercise (not house cleaning or playing since that would be covered under your activity level and is considered part of your normal day.)

Can you open up your profile. Maybe if we could see what you are doing, we might be able to help a little more.

What exactly do you need to look at, the diary?
    I've only been on here for 2 days so there isn't much in there. I was just curious to see what I was doing and haven't changed my diet/exercising yet. And after seeing what MFP is saying, i'm just so confused.