Menopause Need I Say More

Hi, I'm in the second year of menopause and I'm so over it.
It would be great to Pal up with women who are achieving results in all aspects weight loss,maintaining and other related hints.
I have looked for a menopause group of discussion groups so If you are involved in one here on MFP let me know please. :)

Replies

• fitchicksgb
    fitchicksgb Posts: 1 Member
    I can totally relate. I am 45 and in my 4th year of menopause. I can't believe how much my body has changed. It is so hard just to lose a single pound. I am holding on to about 12 extra pounds that seem to be all in my mid section. This is new for me since this was always the smallest part of my body. I was a runner in the past but had to stop due to injuries. I'm trying to start again to see if this will help! Let me know what you have tried.
  • kimberleylamb1
    kimberleylamb1 Posts: 3 Member
    Forced menopause due to medication....feel fat and awful.
    can't stop crying and hate the way I look and feel
    tell me it gets better.........please x
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Ladies, it gets better. I am 5 years post menopause and feel better and more confident in all aspects of my life than I have in a long time. Weight loss for me has been slower, but smoother and easier. I don't get the cravings and mood swings that I used to get when my hormones were cycling.

You also get to that wonderful window of time where you are too old for sanitary protection but also too young for incontinence protection. I love it!
  • Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 301 Member
    I'm also in that bracket. Well I think.. Went 7 months no period tested my hormones and my Dr. Said yes I was in that phase then my periods started up again for six months. So I can't understand menopause but losing weight meh that is a challenge. I joined a mfp a few days ago and have a lot of weight to lose as I am 220 and 5'3.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    We're here!
    Join us:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

and feel free to send me a friend request.
  • GmomLinC2
    GmomLinC2 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi ladies! I'm 59 and went through menopause at 47. I was lucky because I never had the mood swings/hot flashes etc that many women experience. However, I did get the weight gain. Never had to worry about what I ate when I was younger, but bam! Menopause hits and the weight gain starts...all in my belly, backside and thighs. :( So...good news, I don't seem to have a problem losing weight when I make the effort to watch what I eat. Bad news...I lose weight, feel happy with myself and stop watching what I eat and the weight gain creeps up again. So, I've gained about 40 pounds over what I would like to weigh and lost 40 pounds several times over the past 12 years. Bad news...I weighed myself a little over a week ago and I was up to my highest weight ever, 216.7. Yikes! Good news...I'm just under 5'7" and with the right clothes I can hide some of that weight. But..summer's coming, and I won't be wearing my favorite long black yoga pants when it's 90 degrees in the shade. So I'm back here at mfp again and going to put the effort into losing at least 50 pounds. I'm off to a good start. Good luck to you all! Anyone interested in sending a friend request....please do! :smiley: Oh....I'm a retired preschool teacher, married, mom to 3, young looking (I hope I am! lol) grandmother to 12 (how did that happen??!!), and a GS leader to 3 troops.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    To anyone in perimenapause/menapause - I'm nearly 52 so I must be getting towards it. I wanted to fight what I see around me in women my age - thick middles and fat on the hips. I was obese last year. The weight was creeping on and on. Since then, I have lost 50lb and am now 143lb. It certainly was much harder losing weight than when I was younger, especially with the peri symptoms I have. The other benefit of embarking on a weight loss and fitness drive is that is has distracted me from the worst symptoms I have. Good luck to everyone.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Gained 30 lbs in about 3 years, starting the very month I went through menopause. I couldn't seem to lose even a pound... The good news is that, thanks to MFP, I've lost most of it now. And it wasn't that hard, and it didn't take that long. I realize now that more was going on than menopause, because I'd somehow gotten much more careless in my eating habits, and the heavier I got, the less I wanted to exercise. Being on here has reminded me how to eat more carefully and healthfully and keep moving. I felt ancient on Jan 1st--ached all over. By the time I'd lost 15lbs I felt a good 20 years younger. This site has been a wonderful help to me. I'm hoping I can remember the lessons learned and continue life without gaining again. We can do it, menopause or not!