30 Day Shred

Options
Hi there,

I'm new so please excuse me if this question has been asked ad nauseam,

Have just started the 30 day shred and am on lvl 1 day 6 and am really enjoying it as it's to the point and gets my pulse going. Has anyone gotten good results from it and any recommendations for future at home fitness dvds :)

Thanks

Replies

• s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I personally can't wait to try this myself! I'm afraid to as i'm on the second floor of a 116 year old house, and just walking sounds like a stampede to those downstairs, haha. I hear Jillian delivers, but kicks your butt. I've done Zumba before as well, I have the Exhilerate set and I love that too!
  • Rukia_K
    Rukia_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi s2Mango,

Sadly I have the rhythm of an arthritic-3-legged-sausagedog so Zumba didn't work for me although I did try :blush: I live at the top floor of a new building & my downstairs neighbour hasn't heard any stampeding elephant sounds, which is a blessing, although...she's also a close friend and might find it amusing to hear the odd aarhythmic bang :smile:
    I'm loving level 1 at the mo...but confess...day 1 was not pretty
  • 5000thAngel
    5000thAngel Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 18 of 30DS. This is my 4th time attempting 30DS and this is actually the furthest I've ever made it without quitting.

My Dilemma: I have found that I get bored too easily on 30DS because each level is 10 days long so I modified and did only 8 days on each level 1 and 2 because I hit boredom so I'm only doing it for 24 days (8 days p/ level).

I also don't do it every day, but I try to work out 3-4 times a week. Sometimes I do 30DS, sometimes I do kickboxing and sometimes I do just weights, and sometimes I just hit my 10K steps on fitbit - depends on the mood.

Results: I have not lost ANY weight, in fact I might have gained weight. But I'm not worried about the scale because gaining muscle will increase the scale and in the long run will be better anyway. I know lots of people who did lose weight but inches are what you want to look at. I'm trying not to measure until the end. I'm going to take progress photos probably tomorrow (just because this was my spring break and I did double workouts each day so I want to take a photo before I go back to teaching the little imps and see how I look) and then again at the end. I'm hoping to see some results. I don't feel like I LOOK different, but I feel stronger and sexier. I Feel like my stomach MIGHT be a little flatter, but I don't know and my husband has commented that my arms look definitely more toned. So that's a plus. :)

Recommendations of Other Videos: If you like the layout of 30 DS I recommend trying Ripped in 30 next - another JM 20 minute workout that does the same 3-2-1 system (which I love). Ripped is 4 levels, 1 week per level (better if you get bored easily). I like it a lot.

Also recommend checking out Jillian's Kickbox FastFit. It has 3 Kickboxing routines, each at 20 minutes (which is awesome) and they FLY BY! Most of the time I'm like "what? We're on cool down already?" The 3 workouts are set to focus on #1 Upper Body, #2 Lower Body, and #3 Abs. I am not a huge fan of #3 because I don't think there's as much kickboxing as I like, but #1 and #2 are awesome.

I'm a bit JM fan. I find her generally encouraging, plus the mix of cardio + weights makes me happy.
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Thanks 5000th angel for all of your helpful information.

I am determined to complete the 30 days without stopping unless my leg falls off or I somehow trap my arm in a filing cabinet :/ I'll have a look at your suggestions but agree I like JM as she gets on with it and doesn't babble on with irrelevant details.
  • Xlyinia
    Xlyinia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 and I'm doing the workout on every day that I am not doing some other type of excercise that burns a similar amount of calories. I won't lie, I hurt. Shoulders and arms are sore. But I am keeping it going. I'm also not measuring weight until the end of the whole thing, but considering the calorie burn (around 250) for me, I can't imagine it is going to be a huge loss. BUT....I have no doubt there will be fat loss and muscle gain, there simply has to be muscle building with this soreness. I'll post my stats here when I finish on the 9th of May!

I do second the boredom of 10 days on the same level. I can quote all her witty little motivational phrases as we go along....I kind of want to punch her int he face for some of them. "You don't get to the finish line and quit"....um yeah...I do. Becasue that means I'm done hence the word "FINISH".

But I love that it kicks my *kitten*, it is more strength than I was doing before, and it is certainly a challenge!
  • Rukia_K
    edited April 2015
    Options

Just an update have just finished my 14th workout and am loving lvl 2 and the never ending plank position ;) Will update when I've completed the 30 workouts

Good luck Xlyinia
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Just an update have just finished my 14th workout and am loving lvl 2 and the never ending plank position ;) Will update when I've completed the 30 workouts

Good luck Xlyinia
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to update us with the results. I'm starting the program tomorrow and am sore from just thinking about it!
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just finished day two of level one and I am sore! Stairs are my enemy right now cuz those squats and lunges are kicking my butt, quite literally. I have a formal event on day 29 in which I am wearing a gown so I'm aiming for everyday workouts until then.
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I loved 30DS. I am now doing T25 and it rules!!!
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 30... I will take my measurements and let you know the results... I have been exercising 29 days a head with no rest..
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Sound fab - thus far I have only lost 1 lb (need to lose a stone in total) but my body is looking much more toned and I have better looking muscle formation in my arms (thanks plank and walking push-ups) I imagine the weight-loss will come eventually as I'm eating healthily and keeping within my allowance so I'm going to be patient and keep going :)
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hey.. i've lost 4.5 cm from my waist .. 2 cm from my breast ... and 2 cm from my tummy .. 2 cm thigh
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Congrats Abir888! You have definitely shifted some cm's there :) a celebratory glass of water is called for :)
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 4 lbs when I did 30 day shred. (Scale went up and down the whole time) But I also dropped like 2 clothing sizes. When people ask, I ALWAYS recommend it since that is the workout that did the most in terms of body change for me in a short amount of time. Day 6 of T25 right now so maybe that will change..
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Mrs Pettus :) I've stopped paying too much attention to the scales as I know we can vary by +/-2lbs per day so am going to wait until the end to see the difference (if any) My main focus is being able to exercise without feeling like I'm going to die and be able to fit into my jeans without any bulges :(
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Best I've ever looked was after 25 days of 30DS! My best friend and I did 4 days Level 1, 6 days Level 2 and 10 days Level 3.

I've not been able to do it since (that was about a year ago) cos I moved house and my new place is about the size of cupboard, but I'm dyiiiiing to get back to it!

I was actually looking over my results pics this morning:

(This was literally just 30DS. No extra cardio cos I hate running, and just a normal, healthy 3-meal a day diet. And I have literally no idea how much weight I lost cos our scales were broken! I did go down from a 12 to a 10 in UK jean sizes though :smiley: )

ohrsiurxd76a.jpg
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I did 30 DS years ago. Can't remember the result. I did not like doing the same workout all week though. Now, I love JM Body Revolution. It is what got me started and commuted to working out. My first found I lost 20 lbs in 90 days. I still go back to it in between other programs. Well worth the money. You also only do the same work out twice a week for two weeks before you start all new workouts.
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Wow! amazing difference in the before and after shots. My front room gets converted each evening/morning so I can do my pilates in the morning and my 30 day shred in the evening - I am quite slack on my pilates but love the 30ds :) never thought i would say that :)
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Here's a short review of 30 Day Shred. Also, the MFP member that provided the review did a number of other programs also. She will review those shortly.

http://www.realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/30-day-shred-it-is-the-best-beginner-dvd-out-there