Feeling disappointed!!!

Options
Woke up today feeling terrible, went to doctor have bronchitis and an ear infection. Really having trouble breathing, why I'm disappointed is I didn't eat like I should have( not really hungry ) but the big thing is I didn't walk my 2miles like I have the past 7 days. Just the fear of falling into old behavior : / I want to lose this weight more than anything , but I know how easy it is for me to fall into bad habits . Praying I feel better tomorrow to get back on track!

Replies

• carriekwi
    carriekwi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for almost 8 months....long enough to know a day or two doesn't make a pattern. I have also seen people fall off the wagon just to get back on again. I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry...if you want it you will do it.

:)
  • abbottangela9
    abbottangela9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carrie :smile:
  • Roscotater
    Roscotater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! You have already developed good habits. It is ok to take a day or two to get well. I have asthma and some times I have to slow down to breathe, other days I feel like super woman. Just do what the Dr. says and you will be back to walking soon. I will be praying for you :)
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You may not have gone for a walk but you did log into here and post something. That alone will give you the support you need until you get your health back.
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't push yourself to exercise when you are unwell. Let your body heal and recover and then get back in the groove. You'll be better soon, and it sounds like your head is in the right place to stay on the health wagon.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Imagine yourself at goal. Will you occasionally get sick? Yes, you will. Think of this as practice for the future. And as others said, a few days really won't make a difference if you get right back to your plan when you do feel better. Just do yourself a kindness and don't let a few off days be an excuse to quit or think you have to make up for lost time. :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You're sick. You're supposed to rest. Your body needs those extra calories for healing and recovering. You're very likely burning them anyway, just by the healing process. If you'd pushed yourself too much today, you'd have risked the chance of prolonging your illness or making yourself worse...adding more and more days of missing workouts.

Taking care of yourself by exercising and eating well and losing weight is very important. But taking care of yourself during illness and injury is even more important. This is part of the whole weight-loss process, actually. You are learning to listen to and respect your body's needs and make wise choices based on circumstances, not just desire.

I was badly burned in September. I had to skip working out for a week. And I was famished the first few days too. I ate like crazy. I learned that my body was using and needing extra fuel and especially extra fat to heal the skin. After two weeks of eating over my calorie goal and not exercising at all...I'd lost 2 pounds. Crazy.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Woke up today feeling terrible, went to doctor have bronchitis and an ear infection. Really having trouble breathing, why I'm disappointed is I didn't eat like I should have( not really hungry ) but the big thing is I didn't walk my 2miles like I have the past 7 days. Just the fear of falling into old behavior : / I want to lose this weight more than anything , but I know how easy it is for me to fall into bad habits . Praying I feel better tomorrow to get back on track!

As above. If this happens to me then I think its a long journey and ive become ill which I expect to happen from time to time. I then go into my dealing with illness strategy, which is rest, hydrating and trying to eat enough nutrition as the speediest way of getting me back to health.

I dont worry about exercise, but am patient and wait for the illness to play itself out. Its simply a delay from you getting to target and one of those things rather than you having done anything to falter. exercise isnt on the agenda, but you cna do things equally valuable bu learning new things about diet, relaxing, resting and generally improving your overall plan. When you are ill different rules apply. Get well and be patient.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I am not a proponent of exercising when ill. Rest, recovery and sleep all have their role in health and weight loss. No reason to feel guilty if you need to take several days to recover.
  • sallyvegansmiths
    sallyvegansmiths Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It takes a whole month to form a new habit :smile: You will be fine. It's better to rest than push on and feel terrible.
  • mark4beth
    Options
    Your biggest enemy here is that little voice telling you that you've failed, that one slip leads inevitably to another. Perfection is impossble - just celebrate your positive intentions and believe in yourself - consistency over time will get you there
  • abbottangela9
    Options
    Roscotater wrote: »
    Don't worry! You have already developed good habits. It is ok to take a day or two to get well. I have asthma and some times I have to slow down to breathe, other days I feel like super woman. Just do what the Dr. says and you will be back to walking soon. I will be praying for you :)

• abbottangela9
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement !! You've all helped me more than you know :smiley: