Fitness Trackers

With all the fitness trackers out there, I was wondering which one is the best as far as accuracy and overall asthetics. I have a fitbit one, and it's great, but i'm wanting to upgrade. I'm considering either the Fitbit Charge or the Misfit Shine. Which do you prefer? OR Is there another one you absolutely love?

Replies

• Tugsgirl75
    Tugsgirl75 Posts: 4 Member
    bump
  • Ninjatio
    Ninjatio Posts: 19 Member
    I have mfp linked to the pacer app, and a both are on my phone the steps I take are automatically factored into my calorie allowance.

As far as tracking the specifics of my lifts, I do that manually on inotes or whatever it's called.
  • Tugsgirl75
    Tugsgirl75 Posts: 4 Member
    k thanks for the input!
  • edozier
    edozier Posts: 10 Member
    I've been doing a bit of research on this, too and would love input. I have a BodyMedia Fit and love it, as it's supposed to be super accurate, but I really don't like the look (big armband on left bicep) or the monthly subscription ($7). From what I've found, the FItBit Charge HR and the Jawbone Up3 seem to be at the top of reviewers' lists. They look nice, sound like they're fairly accurate, are supposed to have good apps, one has a screen with the info, the other doesn't. But, there's a misfit swarovski tracker that's supposed to be coming out that's gorgeous and never needs charging (solar charged), so that's really tempting. I'm just wondering if it's accurate, since you can wear it on your wrist, as a necklace, etc.
    Thanks for any help on this, people!
  • artimusdin
    artimusdin Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Based on my research, I decided the Fitbit charge HR was the best bang for my buck. Bought it just yesterday, and enjoying it very much. Just wish I could figure out how to get Fitbit things synced with this! And yes, as with most things "steps" aren't completely accurate as it will pick up arm movements, it's not off enough I'm finding it troublesome. I got it for the heartbeat tracking though...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I have the Fitbit Charge and love, love, love it and is pretty darned accurate.

Keep in mind that this particular device has "equipment issues" such as battery, display button and wrist band.. I am on my second one. Since you have a Fitbit account, search the Fitbit community for these so you can make an informed decision before you choose..
  • dinapeoples
    dinapeoples Posts: 1 Member
    Yeah, the charge HR comes with a wristwatch type band so it secures better. I don't know why the didn't give a cover for the usb port though...
  • insipid42
    insipid42 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm really enjoying my Garmin Vivofit 1. It seems to be fairly accurate. I also like that it gives me a daily step goal. Motivates me to actually look for a parking space FARTHER from the store/work/etc.
  • phillipsx6
    phillipsx6 Posts: 20 Member
    I love my Garmin vivosmart. I think it's pretty accurate. It doesn't seem to pick up a lot of arm movement. It give u goals, syncs well with other apps. I can track runs on it. Check my sleep patterns. Light weight... I forgot I have it on.
  • meraki78
    meraki78 Posts: 43 Member
    Absolutely LOVE LOVE my Garmin VivoFit!!!! It sets a step goal, tells you how many steps you've taken, how many more to your goal, time, date and calories. Fitbit you have to look on your phone, VivoFit tells you on its screen. No charging it, water proof, just sync it to your phone once a day which takes 15 seconds. Also, automatically syncs info to MFP. So glad I got a VivoFit vs any other. It's been one of the tools along with MFP that has helped me go from 204lbs on 1/19/15 to 176lbs today (4/19/15) :)