looking for supportive friends!

Options
Hello! I am starting my weightloss journey after quitting myfitnesspal a few times. I recently went through a streak of depression and loss of motivation and gained about 20lbs to my already 220lb self. But i am ready for a change now! i want to show myself and others that i can finally get under 200lbs which I haven't been since 6th grade. Also just some background info on me, i am a 21 year old college student in my senior year. I have a boyfriend who is in the army and is away in south korea for two years. He loves me for who i am and loves my body but i think it would also be nice to surprise him with my new health self! :) also one of the problem i have always had with getting healthy is i get really bored when exercising. does anyone else have that problem? I'm not really tired just bored, especially when doing cardio and even if I'm doing it when watching tv or listening to music. But i will not give up like previous attempts! So that's a little about me. I would love to make some friends who are trying to get healthy like i am and support each other through our journey! so add me or chat with me sometime! :smiley:

Replies

• karencollman
    karencollman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You really sound committed. I agree that doing exercise that you find boring is not the way to be successful. You need to enjoy what you are doing, utherwise you will not keep it up. What about walking somewhere that is pretty and peaceful. Or joining a group at a gym? These can also be hard to fit into your schedule, but just try different things. Doing things alone might not be the best right now. You will find your way. Be kind to yourself.
  • sparker1126
    sparker1126 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in a really beautiful area, but since i have lived there for almost my whole life i have gotten bored unfortunately, but i am working on seeing its beauty again. I do workout well with friends, but they have a different workout schedule than i do right now. I have been thinking about joining a fitness class though! :) i tried zumba once and really loved it! :) Thank you so much for your advice!
  • lesleyann51
    lesleyann51 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello i wish u well on your journey and hope that it goes well. I can understand what u mean about the exercise it can be boring. Using my pedometer always helps me to feel a little more motivated - even counts window shopping! I try to force myself to do gym but it can be hard with a busy work life. Zumba is great fun I hope u find a good class. Please feel free to add me as a friend