16/8 fasting anyone tried it??

Options
hi guys I've been fasting for a few days would like to hear from others that are trying it. I'm trying the lean gains diet.

Replies

• nfp40uk50
    nfp40uk50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What is the 16/8 diet wizard?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nfp40uk50 wrote: »
    What is the 16/8 diet wizard?

Intermittent fasting.

I have done 14/10 in the past, I didn't mind it. If it suits your lifestyle then go for it. IF it's self won't make you lose weight though, it's the calorie deficit that does that.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    It works "effortlessly" for me when I'm not insulin resistant. I have to watch how much cardio I do, though, because I'm too full on 16/8 to sustain that way. With lots of cardio, I shift to 14/10 and keep closer track of my calories, so as to stay in balance better.
  • Xootneg
    Xootneg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it Wizard. It looks like many have had success with it. I wish you the greatest success!

Personally, I went with the "less in - less sticking out" route, by simply cutting the amount I eat every day along with much less fat, starch and sugar in my food and drinks for the rest of my life.

I think the key is, can you stick to your diet plan for life?
  • m0nsterdad
    m0nsterdad Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    16hr / 8hr intermittent fasting....
    http://www.leanerbydesign.com/2014/05/fasting-lose-weight-with-the-16-8-diet/

Like Tavistock said...if it fits your lifestyle it can really work for a person...but it's still all about the "deficit" in the end...