Help I just ruined two weeks of dedication.

Options
Hey, I am kind of new to myfitnesspal and I have been so proud for the past twelve days to have stuck to the new lifestyle to the best of my abilities. Today though I completely lost it. I am kind of stressed at the moment anyway because I have exams coming up. I couldn't study at all this morning so I decided to come home early and work from here. On the way home I bought two chocolate bars and proceeded to eat everything in the kitchen for the rest of the day (cereal, microwave mug cake, nutella etc.) - I feel so disappointed in myself for breaking my streak. Has anyone else been here?

Replies

• Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You didn't "ruin" two weeks. You slipped up once, and you'll get back on it tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up over it and try not to let it happen again. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Veslus wrote: »
    You didn't "ruin" two weeks. You slipped up once, and you'll get back on it tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up over it and try not to let it happen again. :)

This
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you have a 500 calorie deficit, you'd have to eat 7000 calories over your maintenance to ruin 2 weeks.
  • acezinny
    acezinny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exams can do that to anyone, trust me I have two more to go and I ate everything in at least once this exam period! You can't beat yourself up about one bad day, otherwise you'll just quit MFP all together and that won't help get rid of that last 15 pounds! Just resume your healthy eating tomorrow, log everything (even the bad days: something I need to work on) and drink lots of water. You'll be back on track in no time :) If you're having a candy/ unhealthy craving day and can't seem to eat within you calorie limits, try eating at maintenance that day, so it won't cause you to lose/gain any weight. Sometimes the stress just causes you to pig out!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Veslus wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ We're human, it happened, it's over, continue on! :smile:
    And yes, we've been there, plenty of missteps, we just keep on stepping.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Stress has a way of kind of derailing our best intentions. Like others said, just get back on the horse today and keep on. Think back to the first 12 days and how good that success made you feel. Pick right up where you left off.

As a suggestion though, you might want to keep temptations in your home to a minimum. I used to get into my big jar of Nutella by the spoonful and couldn't stop myself, so I quit buying it. Several months later, I decided to try again. Bought a smaller sized jar and now I only use it in protein drinks. I get the taste of Nutella but only 1/2 tablespoon at a time.

Maybe next time you get a craving for chocolate, get yourself individually wrapped ones (like Dove). I could easily eat a whole candy bar when the mood strikes, but if I get smaller sized portions (or weight them out in advance and put into small containers) I can manage much better.
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks I give myself a freebie day. Maybe you could look at it like that and continue on without feeling so bad. Good luck!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    No biggie. I'm surprised it hasn't happened to me yet. We can't be perfect every day. As others have said you didn't ruin all of your work so far. You just had one bad day out of two whole weeks. I'd call that pretty good. Now what would be bad would be if you just gave up over so small a thing.
  • GGetsFitStaysFit
    GGetsFitStaysFit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for all the support everyone, I really appreciate it!
  • GGetsFitStaysFit
    GGetsFitStaysFit Posts: 8 Member
    Options

amy8400 wrote: »
    Stress has a way of kind of derailing our best intentions. Like others said, just get back on the horse today and keep on. Think back to the first 12 days and how good that success made you feel. Pick right up where you left off.

As a suggestion though, you might want to keep temptations in your home to a minimum. I used to get into my big jar of Nutella by the spoonful and couldn't stop myself, so I quit buying it. Several months later, I decided to try again. Bought a smaller sized jar and now I only use it in protein drinks. I get the taste of Nutella but only 1/2 tablespoon at a time.

Maybe next time you get a craving for chocolate, get yourself individually wrapped ones (like Dove). I could easily eat a whole candy bar when the mood strikes, but if I get smaller sized portions (or weight them out in advance and put into small containers) I can manage much better.

Thank you for the advice Amy. Yes, I think I will just study in the library from now on and get every temptation out of my reach at home. I feel like crap now but I will make up for it in the gym tomorrow!

• Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's a new day ... Stay focused .. I believe in you.. We all slip up its what you do after ..