Encouragement

For the last 7 months, I have been disabled and have had to use a walker to walk. I am in physical therapy to get back to walking normally, but I am having trouble maintaining my normal weight. I'm no where near as active as I used to be and I am slowly gaining weight. Any tips or encouragement is seriously appreciated!!!!

Replies

• njrock64
    njrock64 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey, I'm Sal. Sorry about your injuries. I've been there many times myself. Former MMA fighter with many serious injuries over the years. Lost 110 lbs over the years. The only thing that has helped me is the cleaner I eat, the least likely I am to gain weight. It still seems to happen, but it's manageable. I feel for you. Wish you all the best. Sal
  • EaglesFan4Ever
    EaglesFan4Ever Posts: 2,083 Member
    Sorry to hear about hurdle, but that's exactly what it is, a hurdle. You will overcome. Feel free to add me if your're looking for encouragement. I'll also look to you for some too. :smile:
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    If you're less active, unfortunately you're going to have to decrease your calorie allowance and eat less food than perhaps you would have done in the past. You have my sympathies, an injury is a horrible thing to deal with. It's good to hear you're in physical therapy as that means this is just a temporary hurdle - I would say that when you're recovering, the most important thing to keep strong mentally and not to give into emotional overeating. You're going to have to be more aware of what you're eating - if you're someone who makes food fresh, you might even have to start weighing it to make sure you're accurately logging. When you can't compensate overeating with extra activity, you have to be more careful.

I can't see your diary, but when I had an leg injury and was on crutches, the easiest way for me to cut calories was to take a normal meal, cut it in half and replace the other half with salad. You do get used to eating so much 'rabbit food' surprisingly quickly - when I go out with friends, I still often have my main with salad whilst they all order chips etc.

All the best with your journey. :smile: