118.6 pounds down. Still going strong :)

Options
evaevaevaz
evaevaevaz Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
I have been battling my weight for most of my life, and laziness was the main reason behind all of my failures before. When I went home three years ago, after freshman year of college, I was the heaviest I have ever been: 265 pounds. I still remember the tears falling off of my faces when I stepped on the scale for the 10th time and kept seeing the same number. I haven't been on a scale since the beginning of freshman year.

My best friend at the time "encouraged" me to lose weight by telling me how disgusting I looked, and it would be impossible for me to lose weight. However, she was the one who first started to help me with dieting and exercising, and I thank her for putting me on the right track. I told myself this is the last chance I have. I didn't want to feel that sense of defeat I used to always feel when I gained the weight back.

Long story short, we are no longer friends, but I did gain many supportive friends who love me for who I am, and I love all of them to the moon and back. Today, I logged in my weight and realized I've lost almost 120 pounds. I have no desire to go back to my old ways, and I know I won't. I'm graduating in 2 weeks(YAY!), and this is the best graduation gift ever. zya79svv1qy4.jpg
jd4gsv7wsldq.jpg

Replies

• AngelaAngiePena
    AngelaAngiePena Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing. Awesome job.
  • evaevaevaz
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing. Awesome job.

Thank you :):)
  • Serendipitous_Life
    Serendipitous_Life Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look positively lovely!! Congrats on your success and your upcoming graduation! :)
  • nickibowen
    nickibowen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Way to go girl!!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    WOW... you look great !!!!!
    You sure did have dedication to accomplish ALL that you have !!!!
    College grad. and lost all that weight... impressive. :)
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You looked lovely before (nothing wrong with sexy curves) and now you look smoking hot! Awesome job!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What were your methods if you're OK with me asking?
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're awesome!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    nice transformation!
  • amozanich
    amozanich Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow - a story of losing weight, gaining a circle of caring friends, and graduation. You definitely have your life on track!
  • evaevaevaz
    Options
    What were your methods if you're OK with me asking?

Of course not! I cut out processed carbs for a year or so, and then slowly added some healthy ones back. I did insanity twice, and then after that I just did mostly cardio(which wasn't that great of an idea), so last year I started doing more weight training to tone up :)
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous, but who was this loser 'Best Friend' you had. You were NOT disgusting. You actually were really cute and quirky. Not even very big either. Gross I'm glad you cut that person out. You can do better and deserve better friends. Congratulations on your success, you deserve it girl!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your success with graduating and weightloss!
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    amazing job! you look great!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your success! :)
  • zuckls
    zuckls Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on graduating too!
  • elizabethcook5
    elizabethcook5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started out at 265 also and I have lost 11 lbs so far a small accomplishment but still one. How did you loose the weight and how long did it take. I want to be around 140 I think that will be a healthy weight for me. I have 114 lbs to loose and I'm afraid I will loose motivation. You look amazing...tips to keep going
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!