help best diet

Options
I need to know what's best diet. I'm going to gym every other day. Using fitness pal. I've been doing over a week now but lost no weight plz help

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    The best diet is the one you can adhere to
  • latter141173
    latter141173 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah but what's, I need to loose weight
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you've been accurately logging your food and exercise, then try dropping your calorie allowance slightly for a week (say by 100 to 200 calories) and see where that gets you.

There's no best diet as such, it's about eating the right amount of fuel for your weight and height. The hard bit is figuring out what your calorie allowance should be - MFP will take a guess for you if you fill in your details, but often you need a bit of trial and error to tweak that.

If you haven't been accurately logging - well, start!

One week isn't a long time to see progress though - particularly if you're not weighing yourself every day. Your weight can fluctuate by several pounds in the course of one day, so if you weigh yourself once a week, you might not notice any movement.

Don't get disheartened, your hard work will pay off in time.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Eat normal food log it accurately and eat at a calorie deficit. Are you weighing and logging your food accurately?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Enter all your information under the Goals section and eat the daily allowance that MFP tells you, making sure to weigh and measure all your food and drinks.

This creates a calorie deficit which means your body burns more calories than you eat, so you will lose weight.

Read this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that one week isn't always enough time to determine whether or not it's working for you. If you're logging everything accurately and staying within your goals, you might still be seeing some water retention if the exercise is new or newly increased (which can mask fat loss for a week or two). You need to find something you can stick with for more than a week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah but what's, I need to loose weight

Eat the foods you love in a calorie deficit. Focus on nutrition first and foremost, but add treats in moderation.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The best diet is the one that doesn't make you stressed out and unhappy. Think about it less as a "diet" and more as a lifestyle change. I like the Mediterranean style diet...lots of fresh veggies, whole grains, healthy fats, fresh fish, not a lot of poultry/red meat. I don't "diet" a lot unless I have a specific event or something I want to drop significant pounds for. Don't get too frustrated! Change takes time.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eating less moving more
  • Demon_Lord
    Demon_Lord Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Soup is a good idea. You can eat/drink a lot without using up too many calories. Carrots and broccoli are good too, however I personally can never bring myself to eat them. Try not to eat baked goods such as cookies, cake and donuts and it's easier to lose weight. If you must indulge, I personally believe, dark chocolate or ice cream is the way to go. For protein, I suggest eggs.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    The best diet is the one that doesn't make you stressed out and unhappy. Think about it less as a "diet" and more as a lifestyle change. I like the Mediterranean style diet...lots of fresh veggies, whole grains, healthy fats, fresh fish, not a lot of poultry/red meat. I don't "diet" a lot unless I have a specific event or something I want to drop significant pounds for. Don't get too frustrated! Change takes time.
    agree. its a lifestyle change. do something you can stick to forever. dont mess with atkins, or any of that other garbage

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    How much do you realistically expect to lose in a week??
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    It's been a week. You can't expect to see much in that time, especially if you don't have a whole much to lose. Make sure you're measuring accurately and not overestimating exercise calories, and stick with it, you'll see results soon.

As far as which diet, it doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it, and eating fewer calories than you use.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Your ticker on your profile says you lost five pounds. Did you lose that this week?