Healthy breakfasts

Options
madmaddox719
madmaddox719 Posts: 84 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
my favorite is quinoa porridge with fruit and granola, this morning I changed it up a bit with chia pudding and quinoa
What's your favourite breakfast?

66fa657e30s9.jpg

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast! The first thing I eat is usually based around protein and fats though - i prefer to eat my carbs later in the day.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Something quick and nutritious; wholegrain toast with avocado and egg, oatmeal with fruit and nuts, or (very often) whatever I ate for dinner the night before!
  • SkinnyKrystal
    SkinnyKrystal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal w/ coconut shavings, flax seeds, and a sprinkle of sugar. Was good, definitely still on the lookout for delicious, healthy, easy everyday options.
  • kalbo798
    kalbo798 Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal, milk, peanut butter, some kind of fruit. literally every day for the last month or so. I'm addicted. thanks to @Johndavidglaude
  • Ideabaker
    Options
    If you are an oats fan, you might be interested in this link to both overnight oat and hot oat recipes-- both sweet and savoury! I will be making the steel cut apple pie oats soon.
    http://www.theoatmealartist.com/recipe-index/recipe-list-a-z/
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    - granary toast, salmon paste, scrambled eggs :D and cheese if I'm feeling indulgent
    - overnight oats (oats soaked overnight with raisins + cinammon. then I add grated apple/carrot (or other fruit, nuts etc) in the morning]
  • breathebelievejen
    breathebelievejen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ideabaker wrote: »
    If you are an oats fan, you might be interested in this link to both overnight oat and hot oat recipes-- both sweet and savoury! I will be making the steel cut apple pie oats soon.

thanks for sharing this! so much inspiration!
  • Tortitudekitty
    Tortitudekitty Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats made with 50/50 milk and water to cook (after soaking for 15 minutes or so). Nice handful of blueberries and splash a puddle of milk on top.

Luvverly! B)
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I often go for a breakfast sausage (make my own turkey sausages that are awesome) and either an oatmeal banana muffin or quiche with it, depending on how I feel. I make this all weeks ahead of time and just freeze and microwave when I want. Or sometimes I'll have frozen berries and yoghurt. I heat the berries up and add greek yoghurt to make a warm delicious mix. I'm also one for oatmeal.

Would this work with rice flakes /quick oats? I can't get my gluten free oats as steel cut or rolled without paying heaps to ship them here.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, eggs, berries, peanut butter, protein pancakes, etc, etc.

Breakfast is my favorite meal and the one I tend to go crazy with. Yum.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    When I eat breakfast, my favorite is a one-egg omelet with mushrooms and spinach and sharp cheddar.

And also, isn't chia seed pudding delicious? I make mine with vanilla almond milk.
  • pinkcleome2001
    pinkcleome2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love eating my 0 Cal. Caramel on an apple in the morning!!
  • jjcsati
    jjcsati Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie for breakfast almost every morning. A banana, half cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tbsp of peanut butter and a big hand full of spinach - blended with ice! So freaking good.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Crispbread with some kind of meat or fish spread, milk, fresh fruit and raw vegetable.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Baked potato hollowed out a bit to make a little bowl...lined with a little sour cream and green chile and crack an egg into the potato bowl...top with some cheddar and crumbled bacon and chives and bake for about 20 minutes to set the egg. Served with a side of mushrooms braised in white wine and sliced tomatoes.
  • Ideabaker
    edited April 2015
    Options

Would this work with rice flakes /quick oats? I can't get my gluten free oats as steel cut or rolled without paying heaps to ship them here. [/quote]

Yes, the quick oats would work for most of the recipes on her list. Wouldn't hurt to try it with rice flakes; maybe with a bit less liquid (you can always add more in the morning if needed)!
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    %0 fat greek yogurt + oatmeal + raw almonds + raw walnuts + dried goji berries + dried mulberries + chia seeds = breakfast

Btw. I LOVED THE WEBSITE
  • duckykissy
    Options
    Yes, the quick oats would work for most of the recipes on her list. Wouldn't hurt to try it with rice flakes; maybe with a bit less liquid (you can always add more in the morning if needed)!

Tried it with rice flakes and it was awful! It tasted and smelt like dirt, and the flakes were powdery. I'll try with quick oats when I have them again.
  • Ideabaker
    Options
    duckykissy wrote: »

Tried it with rice flakes and it was awful! It tasted and smelt like dirt, and the flakes were powdery. I'll try with quick oats when I have them again.

Good to know; I've never seen or heard of rice flakes before, and imagined them to be like instant oats in texture...
  • duckykissy
    Options
    I usually use rice flakes for things like tempura, but I'm got them to try in an museli bar recipe. They're like crunchy instant oats. Just an alternative for people who are coeliac or allergic to wheat. There's also quinoa flakes, which I think may work a bit better. I just don't usually use them because they have a stronger flavour.