you don't need a big gym to work hard

Options
SHBoss1673
SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
I do all my HIIT training and cardio (when I can't go outside) here. Please note,
I DON'T do my weight training on that lame combo machine. We have a real
gym for that, with actual free weights (which I prefer for most things).

For reference the whole gym is about 24 feet long and about 9 feet wide, and yet I get a killer
40 minute boot camp workout in it. I only use the treadmill for my warm up and cooldown
and 1 exercise (3 minute reverse runs) other than that, it's all done via body weight and short
sprint activity.

here's the image of my gym at work from the front and the back.

front
emp_gym2.jpg

********************************************************************************************

back

emp_gym1.jpg

Replies

• thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump for later...can't see the pics at work
  • dianeensey
    dianeensey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use free weights and body weight exercises exclusively for strength training - you get a better workout! All I have is a yoga mat, 2 of dumbbell bars and plate weights purchased at a garage sale by my father in law years ago. Combining exercises to work upper and lower works for me; squats & bicep curls, lunges and shoulder presses, etc.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That tiny room wouldn't even hold all the treadmills at our company gym; not to mention everything else. I guess I'm spoiled working for a huge company.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fabulous. How many calories for an hour of foosball?:wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    That tiny room wouldn't even hold all the treadmills at our company gym; not to mention everything else. I guess I'm spoiled working for a huge company.

yes, you are.:tongue:

But, my office park does have a beautiful nice new gym, which has a full set of free weights, and some very nice equipment, including a full cable machine (which is also a GREAT TOOL) but it's not where I do my HIIT or Cardio training, simply because it fills up, and there's less open space to do my 5 yard monsters (yep, they're harder than they sound).
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Fabulous. How many calories for an hour of foosball?:wink:

I guess that would depend on your technique.
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options

yes, you are.:tongue:

I figured as much. :tongue:
    Our gym is big enough that it has its own building. :glasses:
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I use my Office at home which is my Mini Gym were I also Work from 40 hrs a week. I have a work at home job.
    Even thugh its not that large, I have it arranged so that my Treadmill fits and it stands up and I also have a folding Gazelle
    Rider and an Areobic Step. I also have an entertainment center with tv and my work desk and computer in the room.
    With this set up I am able to use work out dvd's ,Treadmill,Areobic Step,Gazelle Rider and I also have hand weights.
    i try to go to the Gym 2x a week as well.

The only downside to my office is that it is on the front part of the house and the sun shine makes it very hot even with the ac on
    the good point is that it makes me sweat even more and i usually don't sweat so thats a plus. Have to work with what I
    have.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you SHBoss -- there is no need for a "gym" at all, even. Here's my "gym"....

n594048855_913235_6059.jpg

....minus the table, rug and halloween decorations of course. There is a TV off the the left that you can't see in this picture and that's where I watch my Insanity DVDs.

No excuses people -- you can get fit ANYwhere! :smile:

(Edited to fix the photo link)